Who Got Chockers

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Who else is lying on the couch or bed absolutely chockers??.
We have just had lunch and dinner feeds of ham, chicken, roast pork, BBQ'd steaks/sausages and pavlova, a few beers, a glass or three of red (or white?) and even had a nanna nap followed by a dip in the spa.
The kids and grandkids have all gone home now and in reflection, it was a great day !!!!
Don't you just love our way of life in Australia, I do.
All those mongrels that try and take it away from us have got no chance.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS everyone.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
just got home my self mate
Ham, Turkey, Roast Veggies, Mexican Salad, Tossed Salad
Pav, Cup Cakes, Boiled Christmas Pudding, Bailies Trifle, Old Style Trifle
Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich & Glenlovit all went down quite tastie

Reactions: Bluey and dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Finished off a day of too much pudding, pavlova and all the other goodies with a couple of bourbons before crashing at 8.30, since I had to drive only a couple of beers during the day. Grandkids wear me out though.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Ah it's a tough old life and great to to have a day where you don't feel guilty for overindulgence.

I tried to refrain from too much intake but failed as usual and waddled home totally stuffed. No dinner at all but did find a 40year old Balvennie a bit tempting.

I really feel for the poor sods, home owners, tourists and emergency services, around the GOR and hope it eases up today.

And I can't understand why there's a bun rush to get to Boxing Day sales.....too many mad shoppers buying stuff they really have to have in case they can beat someone else to it....and how have they got the money to spend after Christmas? Sounds like a punishment to me. (Didn't take long to get me back in bah humbug mode)

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Didn't eat too much, but picked all day so that was dinner sorted. Now for round 2 today. Got my bros and sil's coming round today to sit and eat. Nothing fancy though (which I prefer). Just casual.

Definitely no shops .

Also hope the people over east are ok.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
This is the first Xmas for many a year we haven't had bushfires around near us in the Valley but my heart goes out to those poor buggers down south, so many places lost. Someone always seems to cop it at Xmas from the Fires.........thats Australia though but boy do the communities come to the fore in times of trouble.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Cooked turkey in the BBQ got a small ham still eating both mmmmmm pav for dessert followed by all arvo in pool great day
oh vegies in our van oven the spuds are the best loved them crispy edges mmmmmm love Christmas in the van how santa fits in the door i dont know hes a big fella glad everyone had a good day oh i forgot 2 bottles of wine and scotch to end the day

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Thanks to the Mod that changed the title..... Jumped on this morning to do it but you beat me to it :thumb:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Lunchtime for 12 adults and 6 grandkids. Over eating as normal but worked it off with water fight with them all.
DSC_9709.JPG

What it is all about.
DSC_9682.JPG

Spent this morning putting together daughter's new bike, afternoon just wasting time watching the cricket.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Christmas 2015 001.jpg
4 Generations opening presents! 2X Great Grandparents..... 2X Grandparents... 2XParents and 5X Grandkids/Kids

Christmas 2015 002.jpg
4 of the Grandkids... Little Miss Sahara didn't last the distance!

Christmas 2015 003.jpg
Some of the Christmas presents loaded and ready for a try out tomorrow!

No pics of food as I was behind the camera but had a knife and fork in hand ;)

Roosterman

Jul 18, 2015
Hunter Valley
Xmas day for us was an awesome day, had to haul our new Panda to Brissy, as my mum is unwell and was close to calling time, we were meant to head up on 28 Jan for a week on her Bday, but had to bolt up early....

She is ok, still some life left in her yet, and enjoyed a great day with her brother, and the rest of the family, kids, grandkids etc....as most of you did, we had a great lunch with all the roasts and trimmings, followed by the usual mountains of desert..

The rest of the day was spent having a coldie and enjoying the pool, kids swimming and generally running a muck...the weather is fantastic although we have had a few showers, but nothing to really worry about....the Panda leaked a touch, but after a little tweaking its all sorted....

Where staying for 4 more days for my mums Bday, and then heading of to Tweed for a week @ the Big 4 Billabong, which im informed is a great park....from there were heading south for a week on the River @ Urunga, fishing, kayaking, and beaching of course..

Hoping my mum stays healthy of course or our plans will be binned, which wont be a prob, we will just arrange something for another time..

Anyways hope all enjoyed Xmas, and have a great new year,

Rooster...