Who’d bother with anti flap kits again?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Anybody with an annexe needs them but just wondering about others. Last few times I’ve used them the winds still got to a point that has me worried enough to bring the awning in. So have been using those wide blade Velcro clamps that stop the worst of it more and more . They cause your awning to curl but are so easy to fit and remove! I’d still use a centre rafter though.

Reactions: Dean81

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
we lived in our van whilst building our new home, its always blowing at Burrum and we had the awning up the entire time with the rafters etc, never had a problem

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Our AFK gets used for long stays and I don't worry if away for awhile and the wind gets up.......shirt stop gets the little clamp jobs.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
tempted to get those blade type.
If we put the awning up with chairs under it and no major wind forecast I still put them up just in case.
Do not trust weather man :)
Rather have them if we go to the pool or out for a hour or so.
If major wind coming I pack it up :)
Last trip away forecast 60-70k with higher gusts so I packed away before it got too bad.
Then helped others when it already started blowing too much.
If you need to put it away as you do not think ropes and AFK will help.. It slows things down a lot.
3 people where needed to put one awning away with a AFK last trip.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Wouldn't be without them, but only with heavy duty 80mm bowed rafters. Without the rafter, I feel the AFK is not a lot of use. I know what your saying about the point of no return in regards to the emergency desperate awning midnight roll in, and all that AFK and rafter guff hanging off the awning only makes it more worrying and time consuming. Touch wood, I havent reached that point yet

Reactions: achjimmy and davemc