Interior Water pump problem

Percy

Jul 20, 2012
Chatswood NSW
This has probably been asked and answered previously but I can't find it so am asking again.

I have a 2016 19ft Starcraft with ensuite but we can't get water to the taps or the toilet flush when the mains water is not connected. We can hear the pump working but no water comes through. Is it something to do with the tank switch under the van (I have two water tanks) or something more sinister?

Thanks

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
Things I would check: The tank selector is pointing to front or rear but not up/down, the pump intake side filter is clear, there is no kink in the pipe between tank selector and pump

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
As @jazzeddie1234 says would be my first look see, if you look closely at the tank tap you will notice 3 little arrows, one must point to the line to taps and one must point to the tank you want to use before you will get flow, so basically you can draw from 1 or both tanks or shut off.......... other problems can be an air leak in line stopping pump from holding vaccuum to draw from tank, iif its after the tap then you won't be able to draw from either tank, feed line from tank blocked by something at tank connection, the inline filter is full of crud...................... Always give the mains water tap a run before hooking hose up, clears any bugs that may have made home in there.....