17' Series Truma airconditioner leaking from blue sensor

Benando

Oct 31, 2013
have jus been away for 4 days, it has been humid, but on the second day we noticed that the aircon was dripping water from the sensor area, has anyone else had this problem?

S&k

Jan 27, 2014
Cairns
Ours was also leaking. Took it to the air on guy for warranty work here in cairns. He said it was normal with the humidity. It only leaks when we start it up so we have decided to leave it on constantly when we use it.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah ours in the humidity it builds up condensation inside.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
have jus been away for 4 days, it has been humid, but on the second day we noticed that the aircon was dripping water from the sensor area, has anyone else had this problem?
Ours did to jayco sent a bloke to my house he took it off found foam in one of the small drainage pipes up there its fine now ??????

vasco pyjama

Oct 18, 2014
We have the same problem with our truma on our 2014 17.56 expanda had it checked out by aircon warranty agent in Karratha and had it replaced with new one and still does the same he says it is a design fault and that unit should never leak inside a mate also has the exact problem with his and has also complained so we are just waiting to see what happens next

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
We have the same problem with our truma on our 2014 17.56 expanda had it checked out by aircon warranty agent in Karratha and had it replaced with new one and still does the same he says it is a design fault and that unit should never leak inside a mate also has the exact problem with his and has also complained so we are just waiting to see what happens next
I think we should all be writing to jayco I smell a class action lol

vasco pyjama

Oct 18, 2014
Jayco have put the onus back on to dometic which are the manufactures of the truma so have been dealing with them as well. Have taken photos and pictures to prove it and sent them through aircon shouldn't leak at all and when you fork out $50000 you shouldn't be seeing it. The more people that complain the better. Have heard they are trialling the denso aircon now so maybe they know there is a problem. Will keep you informed when I get more feedback.

vasco pyjama

Oct 18, 2014
Funny that same was said to us now I have heard of several people with the same problem. Surely the more complaints they hear of they will have to action it.

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Ours leaks from around the same place too. It's in for warranty repairs late Jan and this is on the list. Will be interested to see what happens then and how others get on with Jayco/Truma.
We don't use it that often, but when we do we would rather not have a very expensive shower head in the middle of the van!
To me it is unacceptable for it to leak inside the van.

Last edited:

vasco pyjama

Oct 18, 2014
Yes it is unacceptable even if it is a small amount it can still do internal damage so while it is under warranty I will be doing everything in my power to have it resolved. Hope anyone else with the problem does the same. ✌️

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
DSC_8686.JPG DSC_8688.JPG
I found a puddle in the middle of the floor right under the Truma Air Con on New Year's day after 75mm of rain in a couple of hours the night before. But there was no moisture anywhere on the air con unit. :noidea:

Benando

Oct 31, 2013
Just been out over the weekend, aircon was leaking everywhere, found that there are intake filters either side, they were linted up, also wasp nests ousdie underneath, cleaned both.. Now has never worked better

Reactions: Smirke and dagree

Melissa81

Dec 28, 2016
Townsville
What was everyones outcome? We brought a Jayco in the middle of 2016 and its leaking do bad. Jayco are closed over the break. Its hot here in North Qld over Christmas so we cant have it off or we might as well go home. We have almost filled a bucket in 30 minutes. Very unimpressed when we spent $50000 on a new van, our old 1994 model never had a leak or issue

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
What was everyones outcome? We brought a Jayco in the middle of 2016 and its leaking do bad. Jayco are closed over the break. Its hot here in North Qld over Christmas so we cant have it off or we might as well go home. We have almost filled a bucket in 30 minutes. Very unimpressed when we spent $50000 on a new van, our old 1994 model never had a leak or issue
Ours leaked in same spot its not jayco issue its a dometic issue the aircon ...
They sent aircon bloke to my house and he took it off and we had little bit of foam in one of the pipes got fixed put back togeather then after a while it stoped working all togeather another mob came over and put a new aircon on wirks fine now good luck you must ring domitc fibe the nearest aircon people they have on there books or somone who can do it and yes the filters on the side do block up have to take then off and clean them dont break anything

Benando

Oct 31, 2013
Hi Melissa,
If it is still leaking try this
1. Make sure the filters on either side of the unit inside are clean and lint free.
2. leave the front side of the pop top up, drop the back side, get a hose (it is awkward standing there, easy if you have a ladder) and hose out the back section of the air con, there may be a wasp nest or something jamming the drain area.
I did this and never had a problem since.

Cheers

Reactions: Bluey and dagree