Mite as well delete this thread its gone very stale

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
No ..... im kicking the tyres of the retirement bus, to see if its all its cracked up to be. Dont want to risk just dropping into retirement unannounced only to find that i dont like it, and miss working. My boss might not give me my old job back ;)
Lucky you .
I’m back at work and as they say “ the show must go on “ for now anyway I have a plan

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If there isn't enough going on, the thrice delayed sojourn looks like another delay or at least diversion, looking at SkyWeather and the Thargomindah/Eromanga district which includes The Cooper is undergoing a visit by Huey, and QLD Traffic site has heaps of little red signs saying closed on a lot of the roads...........hopefully by the time I get to Quilpie in a fortnight or so, I will be able to see if my plans need amending.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
If there isn't enough going on, the thrice delayed sojourn looks like another delay or at least diversion, looking at SkyWeather and the Thargomindah/Eromanga district which includes The Cooper is undergoing a visit by Huey, and QLD Traffic site has heaps of little red signs saying closed on a lot of the roads...........hopefully by the time I get to Quilpie in a fortnight or so, I will be able to see if my plans need amending.
How terribly sad, you have a hiccup in the planned swanning about. I to have a hiccup in my planned swanning about

Reactions: mfexpanda

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Lost count of the hiccups see we are in the same boat after all, except youve been swanning around NSW recently and your current bout of watching the grass grow could be called self inflicted........:boink:..:confused:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Have done something I promised myself I wouldn’t do again. Spending two weeks away during school holidays with family and grandkids. We are off to Beerwah for 3 nights to take them to Australia Zoo and maybe Malany then 4 nights at Woodgate. If I haven’t throttled them by this stage we will then head to Cannia Gorge for a few nights before heading home.

Just joking, it will be good to spend time with two families with 4 grandkids

• Haha
Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
it will be good to spend time with two families with 4 grandkids
We will have 2 of ours with us again, its always good when their Mum and Dad com along then you can hand them back at end of day.Thankfully Big Mal has no bunks, did have a fleeting thought of using their New Age with bunks, a quick slap around head sorted that out.

AussieNick

Feb 9, 2021
Darwin, NT
Looking to head down to the Daly River in the NT at the end of the month for 2 nights. Plans got tossed out the window when the wife and kiddo got stuck in Melbourne and not allowed into the NT due covid bs.

Plus it'll be a good excuse to give the new car a run as well, if the bank pulls their fingers out of their arse and process the payment to the seller haha

Reactions: DRW and Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Looking to head down to the Daly River in the NT at the end of the month for 2 nights. Plans got tossed out the window when the wife and kiddo got stuck in Melbourne and not allowed into the NT due covid bs.

Plus it'll be a good excuse to give the new car a run as well, if the bank pulls their fingers out of their arse and process the payment to the seller haha
Its all a little to much like the Berlin wall, hey

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
From what I've heard it will be like a little bit of Victoria down there, just like over here @AussieNick ................... remind us as to what the new wheels are....

We are heading for a 300 odd km trip to our daughters to look after the grommets and dog, instead of us having the little buggas for just a week we are heading down to look after them for the holidays while they go to work, a magnaminous gesture from doting grandparents, the thought of handing them back each night and an uninterupted sleep in Big Mal was just too good to pass up....... plus I might be able to play restoration man with his EH......

Reactions: Crusty181

AussieNick

Feb 9, 2021
Darwin, NT
Its all a little to much like the Berlin wall, hey

Its a joke really. They got down to Melbourne the morning the lockdown was announced, but they were out in Ballarat with the in-laws. The day the regional lockdown was lifted, the NT gov decided to lock out all Victorian arrivals, unless you wanted to do 14 days in mandatory quarantine..... Didn't make any sense, so a 7 day trip turned into nearly 3 weeks.

@Drover Picked up a 2015 Ntec GU Patrol. 90k km on the clock with Bullbar, Winch, 2in Lift, spotties, towbar, brake controller, snorkle and roof rack fitted from factory. Owner has done a 3in stainless exhaust, tuned it for carting a 2.5t Caravan behind it, and it's Auto so the missus can drive it.

Plus it's got more room behind me so you can get a second car seat in, since we're gonna need it in the next 6 months.....

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
When all this crap is over and done with in NSW and VIC, this fella will be on the move, I will throw a thread with where I will be, so if any wants to rock up and have a yarn, laugh, cup of tea you will know where to find me, mostly for those that are wandering around as often I only know where I will be a week ahead at most, since we will certainly be heading south I imagine I will come across fellow QLDers, as the southern folk will have fled North with Real Estate pamphlets in hand.............. but I'm seriously thinking of the usual Canberra run, which can take a week or so to get there, then the Murray Wander, West Vic and then SA, have a mate in Ceduna that needs a visit ( Jeep fella ) so goodness knows where we will end up........ So it better get sorted soon......... getting too bluddy hot for WQLD...

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
When all this crap is over and done with in NSW and VIC, this fella will be on the move, I will throw a thread with where I will be, so if any wants to rock up and have a yarn, laugh, cup of tea you will know where to find me, mostly for those that are wandering around as often I only know where I will be a week ahead at most, since we will certainly be heading south I imagine I will come across fellow QLDers, as the southern folk will have fled North with Real Estate pamphlets in hand.............. but I'm seriously thinking of the usual Canberra run, which can take a week or so to get there, then the Murray Wander, West Vic and then SA, have a mate in Ceduna that needs a visit ( Jeep fella ) so goodness knows where we will end up........ So it better get sorted soon......... getting too bluddy hot for WQLD...
Im in .... I likely wont need that full week to plan. I've saving all my monthly getaways up like an investment banker, and Im ready to cash in

Reactions: peatop and Drover