TopNotch Stainless Steel Hot Plates for WeberQ

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
Has anyone purchased/used one of these? They make a whole range of stainless steel hotplates, but also specifically for Webers 300,200 and babyQs - Half and Fullplates. I've got a cast iron Weber one for breakfasts, but with a stainless steel BBQ at home was looking for this.

http://www.topnotchbbq.com.au/

They are also on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Topnotch-Stainless-Steel-BBQ-webber-baby-Q-100-half-hot-Plate-grill-griddle-/180972819348?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a22d21394

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Topnotch-Stainless-Steel-BBQ-webber-baby-Q-100-full-hot-Plate-grill-griddle-/180986660833?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a23a547e1

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Haven't tried one but they look good, Cootay. They'd be lighter than the cast iron one I've got at the moment. I particularly like the half plate idea. Bit pricey, but so was my Weber BabyQ and it's been excellent value so far. Added to my eBay watchlist.

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
Well I went out to the factory today to look at the plates. They do a big range of plates and grills in all sizes. They cater for all sizes of Weber Qs, with full plates, half plates, grills and burner covers (required if you buy their grill) all in stainless. I ended up buying the full size as we only have the baby and the half size would be lucky to hold three eggs. The grill comes off and the full plate fits in well, it also travels and fits under the lid together with the grill. The guy I spoke to said they spent a lot of time with the air vents to ensure the plate would heat properly. They even sent them off to Weber for approval (BBQ galore) wantedit before stocking them, but Weber wouldn't approve and wouldn't give a reason why..... Anyway I'll report once I actually cook on it.
image.jpg
image.jpg

hornet

Apr 9, 2012
I've made about 10 of these for people , mine are only 6mm mild steel with only the little finger holes at each end , and they work great, nice even heat , I normally charge a carton or a coupla cheap bottles of red , could problerly knock a few up if there's the numbers, to make it worthy of buying a full sheet of plate!
Say $50 bucks plus freight

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I would be keen for one for the 100 series but I think it needs the outer slots or similar like in the photo. The heat needs to go somewhere I suppose.

Geoff

hornet

Apr 9, 2012
I only make them for the baby q
Will try and put some pics up , 6mm plate with some 6mm round bar wrapped around , slight dish in plate to line up with fat tray , and a hole in the middle .
If I could look at bigger webbers could problerly make them !

hornet

Apr 9, 2012
I would be keen for one for the 100 series but I think it needs the outer slots or similar like in the photo. The heat needs to go somewhere I suppose.

Geoff

We've been using ours for a coupla years and never had any probs

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I only make them for the baby q
Will try and put some pics up , 6mm plate with some 6mm round bar wrapped around , slight dish in plate to line up with fat tray , and a hole in the middle .
If I could look at bigger webbers could problerly make them !
Bummer... I have the 200 model. I would have said yes if you made them for this size.

Dede

Mar 12, 2014
Bellarine
Aldi often sell "Tepiyaki" plates that fit the Baby Q. Great as a breakfast plate or pizzas. We liked it so much we bought two and use at home on gas hot plate every morning for bacon and eggs, I. Have two teenage sons!!!!!!