14' Series Toilet not flushing

Jacob Ford

Dec 27, 2020
Tasmania
I just recently purchased a jayco 14.44-5 expanda with separate ensuite I had the number 4 fuse blow which runs my water pump / toilet i ended up finding a wire from the water pump that was shorting out i fixed that wire and everything was working correctly again minus the toilet won't flush the toilet is connected to the main water tanks underneath the van the pump still runs as normal for all the sink,basin and shower mixers but won't work for the toilet has anyone else had this kind of problem im thinking it's either the solenoid or the reed switch

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
In mine there was a circuit board underneath which was playing up so I cut it out of the system, wired the flush switch directly to solenoid, everything works well now and has for a year or so, just no indicator lights beside switch..

There may also be a reducer in the water line to toilet, just a plug with a small hole inserted in the water line, it could be blocked, just flush line either side of solenoid is an easy check and tap in a meter to see if power is going to switch and relay.

Jacob Ford

Dec 27, 2020
Tasmania
I have checked the solenoid for power with a multi meter and there is no power there it sounds like the circut board might be buggered then I purchased the van through jayco canberra last week and had it delivered to tassie the sales guy did say it has 3 months warranty but being that its Christmas i can't see it getting fixed for ages

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mines a Thetford C250, circuit board clipped onto rack behind thunder can...
If its any help mines with board removed has brown and blue wires from solenoid, they run to switch with red and black from switch the van circuit, I fitted a fuse in the red wire, very techo fuse, 2x spade clips with heat shrink and 10 amp ... 16091171236711180605202.jpg

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have no idea what mine looks like as it was binned ages ago...The ID label on mine is on the lower facia when you open the outside door...I just finished giving mine its end of trip scrub down, a nessesary bustard job and it reminded me I was going to fit a small led under the flush button but having another look, nah not needed.