Thermal Cooker Silverside

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
I'd been looking at thermal cookers for a while although was a bit put off by the price of them (just in case they weren't our thing).
I came across this one pictured on e-bay for about $100 so I bought myself one for the kids to give me for Christmas and tried it out while we were at Moruya Heads at Christmas. We loved it.
The great thing about it is I would do the prep and start it cooking after lunch, we would go about our business during the afternoon at the beach, out in the tinny fishing or just sight seeing and them come back to camp to a hot cooked meal 4-6 hours later.
Heres a few pictures of the Cooker and a Silverside Recipe we have tried and loved.

Attachments

• IMG_0672.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 709
  • IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 627
  • IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 664

Ozwitch

May 15, 2012
Melbourne
I have a 5 litre Dreampot which is similar to your cooker there. Wouldn't be without it - I use it a lot at home because I reckon it's the best corn beef cooker out there. One of the nicest features is that you can do your meal before you travel, place the pot on the floor behind the front seat of the car and it's cooked, hot and tasty when you arrive at your destination. I often cook Indian curries, meat stews and soups as well. Can't beat it for energy-efficient cooking, and it's perfectly safe to eat as long as you get it up to temperature first.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Apricot Chicken Curry will be prepared in the Dreampot tomorrow morning ready for arrival at the campsite tomorrow evening just means that there is one less job to do on arrival (frees up a bit more sitting by the campfire & enjoying a refreshing ale time!) haven't really give much thought to a corned beef in one but will definitely give it a go now
Cheers Grant

crystal674

Jun 17, 2011
Benaraby Qld
We also have a Dreampot.

It's the best investment.

I use it at home all the time, especially when I'm working on 6 o'clock close and hubby is on night-shift (leaves home by 5:30).

I just get it ready before work and hubby has a hot meal ready to eat before he leaves.

We have made up a silverside, spent the morning travelling and had a hot lunch.

Then we put some pre-prepared scones on and had scones and jam for afternoon tea.

(We take a little canister stove with us when we haven't got the van so that we can reboil the water.)

We are looking forward to checking out the dreampot stall at the Brisbane Caravan Show next weekend to see what new accessories/recipies have become available.

Crystalyn