Simplicity Suspension

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
My wife and i are very close to ordering an Expanda 16.49-3 OB with cafe seating - 2 solar panels, 2 batteries, oven etc etc. Contemplating fitting it with Simplicity suspension as we like to visit National Parks etc.
Is there anybody out there who has done this? Happy with it??
Any comments appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
there's a post on here some about simplicity, I had it on my previous camper as it was part of a package on offer at the time, I didn't bother with it on the Expanda, I chose to go Solar, I think the simplicity is neither here or there as far as ride and handling go, the only real bonus is the clearance through the middle in leiu of the beam axle.

Just my opinion, oh! and congrates on the new rig it'll serve you well ;)

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Thanks Bushman and bigman0510 for your replies. Bushman can you tell where you take your Expanda - "off road" or just bitumen use? Also any quality issues/problems with it??
Any thing I should look out for when getting van??

The Expanda certainly ticks all the boxes for us - reasonable price, relatively light weight (we are moving from offroad camper so this is important), heaps of room for 2 people with ability to fit more if needed.

Thanks again.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Congrats on ordering the new van!

I went with the normal setup up but if i had the coin i would have gone the simplicity. It appears to sit a little higher, not sure if this is true or not though, just an observation.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Thanks Bushman and bigman0510 for your replies. Bushman can you tell where you take your Expanda - "off road" or just bitumen use? Also any quality issues/problems with it??
Any thing I should look out for when getting van??

The Expanda certainly ticks all the boxes for us - reasonable price, relatively light weight (we are moving from offroad camper so this is important), heaps of room for 2 people with ability to fit more if needed.

Thanks again.

G'day Bill

Our Expanda is only 9 months old so no real off-road as such yet other than a few good dirt roads that were access roads, one of which was to our friends property.

I know Cruza Driver is currently on a 4/5 week odessey through the Outback including the Odnadatta Track so will be able to fill you in better than I, he has also dragged his camp on similar trips without issue, Christian from Stone Stomper is on the Yahoo Expanda site he has dragged his Expanda all over the country and as some awesome photos on the site. Under body gear plumbing,electrical etc could do with better protection for regular outback travels. Drive to the conditions and they'll go most places

I'm on may 3rd Jayco and quality has improved dramaticlly in fit and finish and any issue I've had, have only been small and swiftly dealt with by the dealer. Jayco's are a quality unit at a reasonable price. with nation wide backup.