Sickly Sweet Cobbler

Dede

Mar 12, 2014
Bellarine
To be cooked in a camp oven lined with foil.
Mix 1/2 packet vanilla cake mix with 1 tin of fruit and it's juice (eg. Apricots or peaches). Pour mixture into lined camp oven.
Mix other 1/2 packet of vanilla cake mix with 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (I said it was sickly sweet).
Pour this batter over top of fruit mix.
Place camp oven on coals and put coals on lid. Cobbler is done when cake on top is crisp, brown with caramel edges. I suggest you serve with, long life custard, cream or if you have it ice-cream. This is so sweet you only need 1/2 a serve per person and I easily feed 6 to 8 with this recipe. Enjoy.:angel-87:

dakky68

Nov 19, 2013
Newcastle
You had me at sickly sweet lol.

I will definitely give this one a go (if I can keep a can of condensed milk intact for long enough!).

Dede

Mar 12, 2014
Bellarine
You had me at sickly sweet lol.

I will definitely give this one a go (if I can keep a can of condensed milk intact for long enough!).
Have you tried putting a can of condensed milk in the fridge, then opening it and eating it. Not that I would have every done this,:angel: but my brother use to.

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Have you tried putting a can of condensed milk in the fridge, then opening it and eating it. Not that I would have every done this,:angel: but my brother use to.
Funny, must be a brother thing. Mine would buy a tube, pierce the seal, blow air into the tube to pressurise it, hold it upside down over his open mouth and wait for it to pour in. Not that I ever tried it!!! ;)

Reactions: blacky and dakky68