Runva winch

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
winches are like bums @Bluey - everyone has their favourate

I've had 2 different Warn winches over the years
one was great, one sucked like a hoover

I had another one PTO type, never used it in 5 years of it being on my 4wd

the one I have at the moment - dont remember the name - but it is the Premier one (?) 9500lb one, out of 3 from same maker
(5000lb, 7500lb & 9500lb)
thought if I only ever need it once, and it worked, its paid for itself

well, I've used it about 10 times in the last 4 years, never let me down and its great

I would only suggest, if you are going to be getting a winch

get the Dyneema rope - less weight than cable
and
get a decent recover kit at the same time

nothing worse than finding someone in trouble, and they have a winch - but nothing else to help get them out
(well, maybe there is - their winch is broken as well)

Reactions: Crusty181 and Bluey

Maximage

Jan 6, 2017
Perth
I have one too, about 4 years old now, never skipped a beat. Saved numerous other people, and only just recently finally saved myself. Well, I could have been snatched easily but reckon this was a quicker more controlled option, or could have continued driving out myself, but would have ended up further dragging the rear quarter panel and doing more damage to the paint. Wireless remote control is also bloody handy as I have mounted the control box behind the grill, so nice and neat out of the way. Can still access it from up under the bullbar if really desperate (to plug in the standard style controller cable) like if the remote runs out of battery or anything.
IMG_9162.JPG

Last edited:

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Ive also been teading on atb bars i read they vibrate a bit mmmmmmm
I mite bye my mates cradel for the alloy bar in case the arb one dosnt work out and if im not happy with it ???????? For 300 i will be able to sell it if i dont use it bloody cars i should leave things alone
I've had afew arb bars they don't vibrate

Reactions: Bluey and Pauly

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
I've had afew arb bars they don't vibrate

Second that I've had five arb bars and very happy with all, no vibrations. A mate with a hilux had to plate and weld the side wings undercover plates after about 2oo oook
Loooooooots of dirt driving though.

Reactions: Bluey

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
My ARB dos vibrate a little, but nothing to be concerned about. I only notice it as I have a very thin whip on my aerial which is mounted to the bulbar.

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
They do shake as do other bars. The boss lady nearly had kittens the first time she saw it from outside the car. Most cars have a certain amount of flex built in. It's critical for handling and keeping them in one piece. The bar merely shows the flex more because it's structure is more rigid than the car. It's not a bad thing, just a result of car design.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
They do shake as do other bars. The boss lady nearly had kittens the first time she saw it from outside the car. Most cars have a certain amount of flex built in. It's critical for handling and keeping them in one piece. The bar merely shows the flex more because it's structure is more rigid than the car. It's not a bad thing, just a result of car design.

I own a Holden runs smooth no shakes ! :becky: :behindsofa:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I own a Holden runs smooth no shakes ! :becky: :behindsofa:
The discussion is around vehicles that are mooooving ... regularly. Parked in mechanics carpark doesnt count

Ive got a video of a 4x4 on corrugations in ultra slo-mo demonstrating what happens to vehicles on the rough stuff; its not the bar that's vibrating, thats rock solid its the car body that wobbles all over the shop (Its not a Holden in the video, so there's nothing wrong with the car) And whats happening to the steering and suspension components is horrifying. Probably best not to watch that video if you planning some outback adventure. Blissful ignorance is golden

Last edited: