16' Series Regas Herron 2.2 R22 gas

1madgerman

Oct 8, 2020
brisbane
Hi all new to the forum I have a jayco expander freedom with a Herron 2.2 system it is not getting cold.

Does anyone know who will regas these between Brisbane and Townsville we are heading North tomorrow (because of covid) we were going South but can not now.

The R22 seems to be a bit tricky to track down and would like to get it sorted on the way somewhere.

Thanks Lars.

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Is unit working at all ,ie fan running on hot if no fan on hot check units 240 plug ok and in socket. No cold air may mean a number of things ,gas leak ,low pressure valve failure .there are a number of orings that fail.etc.I would call in to first Jayco operation and see who they get to service these units.May be pushing the proberbial up hill at the moment,be warned ,auto air guys havnt got a clue re these 240v units

1madgerman

Oct 8, 2020
brisbane
Yeah the fan on the condenser is working the evap fan is going just doesn't get cold. The compressor tries to start but then kicks out again.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Could be just a condenser, then again fail safe on low gas wouldn't allow compressor to run anyway............. Have heard expensive to repair but better to find an AC Mechanic than go thru a Caravan Repair shop as they just increase the bill and with R22 in it, they could say it needs replacing with R134A or one of the others which may require new seals, R22 if available as reclaimed is getting expensive.............. Myself I would bin it and get a small 2kw portable household unit as I found the Herons to be useless.......