pork roast

Kevin

Jun 5, 2013
Hair dryer.
Take out of fridge 1 hr prior to cooking. Then just before dry out rind really well with a hair dryer then rub oil and salt in then into hot weber
Have tried lots of methods but this works the best for me

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
A friend told me about this. You pore A kettle full of boiling water over the rind then pat dry with paper towl and then rub in the salt and oil and cook on high for 20-30 minutes then I put the weber back to medium to cook the pork. Mmm mmm
Best crackle ever.
+1
:hungry:

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
A friend told me about this. You pore A kettle full of boiling water over the rind then pat dry with paper towl and then rub in the salt and oil and cook on high for 20-30 minutes then I put the weber back to medium to cook the pork. Mmm mmm
Best crackle ever.
This is exactly what I do, works just the same in the home oven too.

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
image.jpg
Here's one from tonight's tea.

Also forgot to mention add extra cuts as this helps to.

michelle menzel

May 21, 2014
Nhill
We have no trouble getting beautiful crackle in our ziegler & brown (like webber Q) but just cant seem to master it on the spit... Lamb turns out great but pork turns out crap

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 300

michelle menzel

May 21, 2014
Nhill
This is a better pic of the spit, but its not pork... Its chicken thigh fillets marinated and threaded on to make like a souvlaki thingy. Any suggestions would be appreciated, at the moment i just dont buy pork roasts lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    891.1 KB · Views: 305

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Pat dry, cover in vinegar put it in the fridge for an hour then lightly salt before putting I Weber.

Full heat for 20 mins then drop to cooking temp. 10-20 mins before cooking finishes give it another quick blast with the heat up

Don't use vacuum sealed Pork as that doesn't seem to crackle as good, maybe you need the air under the skin.
062.jpg

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Pat dry, cover in vinegar put it in the fridge for an hour then lightly salt before putting I Weber.

Full heat for 20 mins then drop to cooking temp. 10-20 mins before cooking finishes give it another quick blast with the heat up

Don't use vacuum sealed Pork as that doesn't seem to crackle as good, maybe you need the air under the skin.

how much vinegar @cruza driver ?