Polaris for BT 50

Feb 19, 2015
Adelaide
www.erms.com.au
I have been looking at these too @chartrock , theres a few blokes on the BT 50 facebook page that have them, 1 bloke ditched it because of glare I think & then bought a model similar to the aftermarket ranger ones positioned in the dash it self where all the push buttons are- there's a bit of feedback on that page with some other options.
For the moment I will stick with my 10" android tablet & ram mounts until she who must be obeyed gets sick of the clutter being on her seat side!

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Although not in a ranger I did buy one of there units for my patrol a couple of years ago and to be honest it was the biggest let down, was hard to use was increadably under power to the point that it wouldn't play music and do mapping at the same time, nor would it play video cleanly even after I reduced the quality of the video to try make it easier for the unit. And lastly the sound quality out putted by the Polaris was terrible, I have a really nice sound system in my patrol and could never get a decent sound out of it, I was so disappointed after installing the whole stereo till I threw the Polaris and installed a pioneer head unit and the difference in sound quality is truely amazing.

Anyway I'll never touch anything made by Polaris a again, rant over.

Shane

Reactions: chartrock

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I think the Polaris head units are just the same Chinese made units sold by all the other 3,456,765 sellers these days, with a bit of Polaris logic in the s/w. VMS have gone the same way, $1000 for a Chinese unit with a brand name. Alternatively find a balance between a trustworthy reliable supplier who is cheap with a view that it will last "X" long. Somebody like Brash or digi imports. For my 2c if I was keeping the car long term and was to change the head unit I would look at a double din surround and getting a quality poineer or Alpine head unit. They have swanky ones now that run an apple interface and mimic your phone ( that's if you use Apple) but they aren't cheap.

Reactions: chartrock

Steventig

Dec 9, 2019
Ukraine
@Shane Norwell How's that Pioneer working out for you? Would you recommend it?

Sorry for being off topic. Maybe you can help me. I'm on a quest for a new stereo. I've been reading reviews about Pioneer stereos but they are useless hype. It's beyond me why people are doing it.

This head unit landed on my short list AVH-1550NEX. From all the blogs that I've read one stood out. The blogger was hyper critical about Pioneer and put me on the fence. The Pioneer car stereo review was OK until I've reached the shortcomings section.

How hard is to install these units anyways? What about that radio lag? Is it that bad?

Any tips are welcomed