Starcraft New water heater

Bohunter

Dec 19, 2021
Weetaliba NSW, Australia
Just purchased a new SWIFT 28LTR hot water service.Have removed the original and now ready to install the new one,just not sure where two wires go, the POS is the only one I'm sure of and the other two go to the switch.....anyone done this ?

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Surely there would be a connection diagram with a new water heater. If so, scan it and post, we have some real techeads here who can set you straight. I doubt if anyone has actually replaced their heater with a Swift but I’m sure someone will be able to help.

Reactions: Bohunter

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
More detail like model number as Swift seem to have a couple, their installation manuals seem to lack any real detail.... But info is online, the makers wont tell you how to fix a 240 or gas connection..

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
Swift seem to have mainly one 28l water heater with possibly three variants: (GHW) Electric, (GHE) Gas, or (GEHW) Dual. They also have an add on room heater called an Ecotherm.

Here is an excerpt from the manual for the water heater:

GAS CONTROL CONNECTION

The gas system is controlled by a flame monitor which lights the gas and monitors the flame. In the event of a flame failure it will automatically shut off the gas until the system is reset. There are four wires located at the bottom right corner which should be connected as follows: Red is 12V DC Positive, Black is 12V DC Negative, Yellow is positive to LED and White is Negative to LED.

Here is a copy of the installation manual from the Swift website:

take care
Mike

Attachments

• Hot Water GEHW, GEHWM.pdf
    70.5 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

Bohunter

Dec 19, 2021
Weetaliba NSW, Australia
Hi,
Swift seem to have mainly one 28l water heater with possibly three variants: (GHW) Electric, (GHE) Gas, or (GEHW) Dual. They also have an add on room heater called an Ecotherm.

Here is an excerpt from the manual for the water heater:

GAS CONTROL CONNECTION

The gas system is controlled by a flame monitor which lights the gas and monitors the flame. In the event of a flame failure it will automatically shut off the gas until the system is reset. There are four wires located at the bottom right corner which should be connected as follows: Red is 12V DC Positive, Black is 12V DC Negative, Yellow is positive to LED and White is Negative to LED.

Here is a copy of the installation manual from the Swift website:

take care
Mike
Thanks Mikerezny, just what I was looking for, the heater I bought is the dual gas/electric .....and I've downloaded the pdf ...Great work...