Sterling New internal Shower walls

XplorerpiX

Oct 30, 2021
Townsville
OK, First time poster but a long time Jayco owner and forum reader. Now onto my Jayco a 17.55-3 Sterling outback, I had to replace the flooring but on demolishing the shower room I cracked the plastic wall. I have been trying to search for a replacement but so far I am having no luck. I was looking at High Pressure Melamine board but due to covid finding supply hard to get. I was thinking about trying Mr wet wall but I am hoping the wisdom in here could help out with ideas.

Attachments

• PXL_20210927_230111957.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210927_230111957.MP.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 237
Reactions: Drover

rags

A mate of mine built his own van a couple of years ago and he had a floor folded up out of aluminium checker plate that included a step down strip type drain. For the walls he used a white aluminium composite panel around 4 mm thick similar to what sign boards are made from and what is used for cladding vans. The corner he placed a corner strip commonly used behind bathroom walls behind the wall panels and silicone the corner joint.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@Bluey got new walls in his, used panel like @rags said and I'm sure he was impressed with it, most plumbing shops can knock up a tray for your stainless or alloy ........... I would wet seal the floors and walls, be a good project stay in touch..............

Reactions: XplorerpiX