16' Series Mattress toppers and Mods

Nathmoody

Jan 30, 2021
Cheryl123
Hi guys
We have just bought a 2017 jayco expanda 16.49-3 and want to get some mattress toppers for the beds. Can anyone recommend any? Also any other mods or fixes you could let me know of would be unreal.
Thanks Nathan

Blybo

Nov 7, 2019
Melbourne
W got our 5cm memory foam 1 from Ikea https://www.ikea.com/au/en/p/tustna-mattress-pad-white-10298217/. It was originally a queen for our Swan, but had to simply cut it down to double bed size when we bought the Expanda. I'm also thinking of "downgrading" from the inner spring mattresses to the foam ones, as we used to a Tempur memory foam mattress at home.

As per my recent thread here, have you any issues with your front fold out bed being lower than the front boot section? Really frustrates me and I'm thinking I might just get a piece of Styrofoam cut to size to make up for the difference in levels.

KECL

Aug 16, 2016
Secret Harbour WA
W got our 5cm memory foam 1 from Ikea https://www.ikea.com/au/en/p/tustna-mattress-pad-white-10298217/. It was originally a queen for our Swan, but had to simply cut it down to double bed size when we bought the Expanda. I'm also thinking of "downgrading" from the inner spring mattresses to the foam ones, as we used to a Tempur memory foam mattress at home.

As per my recent thread here, have you any issues with your front fold out bed being lower than the front boot section? Really frustrates me and I'm thinking I might just get a piece of Styrofoam cut to size to make up for the difference in levels.
We purchased memory foam toppers via 'GroupOn' special. We are happy with the toppers as we woke up with sore backs with the Jayco inner spring mattresses.

Dexy

Jun 25, 2020
Adelaide
Hi guys, we have recently purchased 2 memory foam toppers from spotlight for both bed ends. They are a great addition to the uncomfortable mattress. However, I cannot seem to fold and pack away beds with them in place. Is there a trick to folding bed ends away with them in place or do you have to remove them? They are 5cm memory foam type. Thanks.

KECL

Aug 16, 2016
Secret Harbour WA
I have found the front bed can fold away with the topper in place but struggled to get the rear bed to fold away. I now roll up the back bed topper and place a tie around it and then store it on the lounge.