16' Series Mains water connection filling tanks

Nathmoody

Jan 30, 2021
Cheryl123
Hi guys
I have just returned from a trip on which I found when I hooked my van up to water via hose it started to slowly fill my water tanks then they would over flow. I can only assume that there is a one way valve that has partially let go where the two systems meet at the pump I think. If anyone has had this problem please let me know what you did to fix it. Also I tried turning the valve that selects which tank in all position and it did not change.
Thanks Nathan

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
The most likely cause is the non return valve in the water pump. A small amount of crud has lodged there. It can be fixed but removing the pump, unscrewing the 8 ish screws on the black plastic end (item 1) to separate the housing from the pump. The nrv is located opposite the bit that has 2 wires (item 5) on the inside (inside face of item 1). Also clean the pump inlet filter while you are there.

shurflo-pump-parts-diagram-6.gif

This video has the valve visible at 1 minute 22 seconds and how to check. Ignore everything else he says - just make sure it opens and is clean

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Spot on @jazzeddie1234 As a quicky if you don't or can't dismantle your pump fit a Guest NRV (Non Retrun Valve) on the outlet line from pump, arrow pointing away form pump of course, this will stop mains flow thru pump to tank............

Reactions: jazzeddie1234