QLD Latest Covid19 Restrictions QUEENSLAND.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Yes, and once again the authorities, so quick to issue fines and berate the general public on minor breaches (travelling 6km out of our 5km zone , being out at 8:25pm after curfew at 8pm, an old lady sitting on a park bench in the sun when her stuffy apartment has no windows facing the sun) are once again making the same lame excuses for their behaviour and tell us that it is just an unfortunate incident and eventually will be praising them for getting tested. We live in stupid times governed and managed by stupid people. Or has the pandemic just highlighted what has always been the case?

Most selfish savvy people know they can float the law, run little chance of being caught, and even less chance of being fined, and almost no chance of ever going to jail or having a conviction recorded.

As stated by someone far wiser than me: Just do what you want and, if caught, plead ignorance, show remorse, and ask for forgiveness.

Not the way I was brought up and I am unlikely to change. Just disappointed that they are so many turds in the world.

take care
Mike
Correct again Mike @mikerezny !!! The precedent has already been set here in Queensland. Remember those two African girls who travelled to Melbourne and then brought the Covid back with them to Queensland after lying on their entry pass, causing large areas/facilities being closed down and even infecting several others??? Well, their penalty was a mere 80 hours Community service for one and the other only got 40 hours. So much for the law enforcement, just as you say!! The Magistrate said they had already suffered enough because of the number or abusive and nasty emails they had received as a result of their folly. Poor dears!! No thought of the distress they caused to those who contracted the disease and the losses some businesses and their employees suffered during their quarantine. The law enforcement is p$#*& poor!!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
The law enforcement is p$#*& poor!!

May be wandering but the coppers are trying just a Judicary living in another world ...................... it will be interesting to see if this outbreak runs away like the Melbourne one did, if it does folk up here will be baying for blood........... Of course " Japanna" is very quiet.....

If QLD goes into Panic Mode once the CHO posts her official status I will put up a link.......................

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
up at Rollingstone Cpk sth Ingham ,two vans pulled up this afternoon Vic plates ,jokingly said did you beat the virus up.! Didnt appreciate my little joke.the damn midges here are ferocious ! The park is very empty apparently lots of Vics missing again this year.

Reactions: Drover

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
The law enforcement is p$#*& poor!!
Latest quote from media in today's paper:
"COVID COUPLE FACE JAIL
The Victorian couple who skipped lockdown and brought Covid-19 to Queensland could face prosecution in three states and possible jail."
Well, we will see which state has the balls to really be fair dinkum about handing out penalties for breaching Health regs. Odds are that it won't be Queensland ...again!!! There are some very angry people on the Sunshine Coast at the moment having to line up for hours to be tested, not to mention the Owners of shops and cafes that have seen their custom nose dive. The couple would be better off leaving the district and disappearing somewhere else, as they are certainly not popular in the Caloundra area.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Latest quote from media in today's paper:
"COVID COUPLE FACE JAIL
The Victorian couple who skipped lockdown and brought Covid-19 to Queensland could face prosecution in three states and possible jail."
Well, we will see which state has the balls to really be fair dinkum about handing out penalties for breaching Health regs. Odds are that it won't be Queensland ...again!!! There are some very angry people on the Sunshine Coast at the moment having to line up for hours to be tested, not to mention the Owners of shops and cafes that have seen their custom nose dive. The couple would be better off leaving the district and disappearing somewhere else, as they are certainly not popular in the Caloundra area.
Hi,
latest news on the ABC states that they have each have been fined by Qld police:
"They have been issued with penalty infringement notices of $4,003 for failing to comply with directions," Deputy Commissioner Gollschewski said.

Yes, they should also be punished in NSW, and again in Victoria.

Interesting to find out when and how they will be shipped back home. My option would be in a police prisoner transfer van with full cost recovery.

Once they have been issued with fines, the media should also be able to access their personal details. So they may well be named and shamed just as can happen with any other offence.

Judging by the comments on FB, well over 90% want action taken. Very few giving them any support.

take care
Mike

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
up at Rollingstone Cpk sth Ingham ,two vans pulled up this afternoon Vic plates ,jokingly said did you beat the virus up.! Didnt appreciate my little joke.the damn midges here are ferocious ! The park is very empty apparently lots of Vics missing again this year.
Good mate of mine's last two caravans have both born Vic plates, trailer rego is cheap here. He doesn't come from Vic, never lived here and has lived in QLD now for years.

Me. on the other hand, Id be the one with the Vic plates who escaped from Melb

rags

Hi,
latest news on the ABC states that they have each have been fined by Qld police:
"They have been issued with penalty infringement notices of $4,003 for failing to comply with directions," Deputy Commissioner Gollschewski said.

Yes, they should also be punished in NSW, and again in Victoria.

Interesting to find out when and how they will be shipped back home. My option would be in a police prisoner transfer van with full cost recovery.

Once they have been issued with fines, the media should also be able to access their personal details. So they may well be named and shamed just as can happen with any other offence.

Judging by the comments on FB, well over 90% want action taken. Very few giving them any support.

take care
Mike
I understand those fines relate to 5 other travellers found to have unlawfully entered into QLD from Victoria.
The two travellers who have testEd positive to COVID on the Sunshine Coast are yet to be interviewed by police as currently they are in isolation in hospital. Police won’t issue an infringement notice or charge them until such time as they are interviewed. The main focus at this time will be on contact tracers following up there whereabout.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
I understand those fines relate to 5 other travellers found to have unlawfully entered into QLD from Victoria.
The two travellers who have testEd positive to COVID on the Sunshine Coast are yet to be interviewed by police as currently they are in isolation in hospital. Police won’t issue an infringement notice or charge them until such time as they are interviewed. The main focus at this time will be on contact tracers following up there whereabout.
Oops, my mistake. I misread the article. It was two woman Victorian women who were fined.

take care
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The Courts only gave the four girls who caused us to lock down and everything last time 80 and 40 hrs community service and they caused more chaos than these two idiots.....................

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yeah @Drover !!! Like hell!!! Just as I said, the magistrates up here have no balls!!! Waiting to hear what Vic and NSW Health do.
Bugga all I reckon, maybe a fine. They haven't done much with all the others and they caused lock downs.... And the fines will go unpaid, just makes decent Victorians targets for all the other DHs that are allowed to breed.

Reactions: Boots in Action

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Back to the Main Topic ...........

Latest News as of 17JUNE21.........

Queensland Travel Declaration​

From 1am AEST Saturday 19 June 2021 you must complete a declaration to enter Queensland from anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.

To reduce the risk of COVID-19 in Queensland and manage outbreaks, the Queensland Government has put in place declaration requirements for all travel into Queensland from interstate and New Zealand (on quarantine free flights).

Queensland has two types of declarations, a Queensland Travel Declaration and a Queensland Border Declaration Pass.

You must complete the right declaration for your situation before you travel to enter Queensland. If conditions change or you need to update your travel details, you’ll need to complete a new declaration with updated details. Queensland residents must also complete a declaration if they are returning home from interstate or New Zealand.

https://www.qld.gov.au/health/condi...ic-health-directions/travelling-to-queensland

PS: Take note @DRW

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Back to the Main Topic ...........

Latest News as of 17JUNE21.........

Queensland Travel Declaration​

From 1am AEST Saturday 19 June 2021 you must complete a declaration to enter Queensland from anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.

To reduce the risk of COVID-19 in Queensland and manage outbreaks, the Queensland Government has put in place declaration requirements for all travel into Queensland from interstate and New Zealand (on quarantine free flights).

Queensland has two types of declarations, a Queensland Travel Declaration and a Queensland Border Declaration Pass.

You must complete the right declaration for your situation before you travel to enter Queensland. If conditions change or you need to update your travel details, you’ll need to complete a new declaration with updated details. Queensland residents must also complete a declaration if they are returning home from interstate or New Zealand.

https://www.qld.gov.au/health/condi...ic-health-directions/travelling-to-queensland

PS: Take note @DRW
i might just stay here

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
As from 0100 today Sat 19th all you foreigners entering QUEENSLAND must fill out the paperwork............................. that also includes locals returning from outside the fence...........