QLD Latest Covid19 Restrictions QUEENSLAND.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
In case you missed it QLD Closure Directions is now up to #6 , physiotherapists and chiropractors can now start up again..... slowly things are changing.... Border gates are still locked .,,,23APR20

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Today Sunday 26April , Anna says as of next Saturday 2nd May:

Quote from The courier Mail..........
Activities permitted from Saturday, May 2 include:
- Go for a drive (within 50km of home)
- Ride a motorbike, jetski or boat for recreation
- Have a picnic
- Visit a national park
- Shop for non-essential items
But people will have to stay in their household groups, or meet up with one person only if they are by themselves, and observe social distancing.
And they will need to stay within 50km of their home, with police checking that people are complying. : unquote:

Of course the idiots on the Gold and Sunshine Coast will probably cause her to rescind the relaxation by Sunday.............. hope not.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Today Sunday 26April , Anna says as of next Saturday 2nd May:

Quote from The courier Mail..........
Activities permitted from Saturday, May 2 include:
- Go for a drive (within 50km of home)
- Ride a motorbike, jetski or boat for recreation
- Have a picnic
- Visit a national park
- Shop for non-essential items
But people will have to stay in their household groups, or meet up with one person only if they are by themselves, and observe social distancing.
And they will need to stay within 50km of their home, with police checking that people are complying. : unquote:

Of course the idiots on the Gold and Sunshine Coast will probably cause her to rescind the relaxation by Sunday.............. hope not.

@Drover , your last paragraph is the BIG worry. 50kms from home still limits my travel a lot if wanting to go camping. It is alright for you"camping" on the lake and away from the "mobs", but I am stuck in suburbia. But here's hoping. Cheers

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
I have read plenty of news reports of drop kicks who have had plenty of warnings and been fined multiple times ,I wonder how the law is going to collect these fines, these are probably the same solid citizens who have multiple court rulings outstanding and have no intention of paying ,and when they are called to account their lawyer will plead they were disadvantaged as children And law abiding citizens should understand it's not their fault ,a good few of us reading this forum are in the at risk group and whether we like it or not these rules are for all our protection ,I want to be around for our next trip not sucking on a ventilator

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
A boring read but one thing that comes out confusing me is the recreation within 50 km of home. A picnic is stated as recreation with only household members or a single member of the household can picnic with one member not of the household. I figure this meaning Mrs CR and I can go on a picnic together, within 50 km of home but only one of us can go if we are meeting the allowed one non household member. I guess it is a step forward but leaves things open to interpretation.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
The first letter of “yuppie” rules me out of that description. :p Yep, I’ll probably sit beside the pool most days (as we have been doing) but it will be nice to sit in a park mid week without the hoards. :bolt:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
No changes to the rules so far, so good........................People have been known to go to a small area of grass, sit on towels or camp chairs in the sun, eat sangers, drink coffee while in turn get eaten by midges/sandflies/mossies which then proceed to chomp on someone else nearby ................... and hey haven't even left their own yard .......................... So don't forget the bug spray folks....... ( this only applies to QUEENSLANDERS, a place of lovely weather.........)

Reactions: mfexpanda

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
50ks from home.. does she understand towns outside of east coast. some 50 ks to the next one :)
Id probably do what we do on holidays when we cross a border, take a photo of the family each with one foot inside and the other foot outside

Although maybe when I get there, I'll can see the little Covids buggers just hanging around, holding fishing rods and golf clubs and fun stuff, trying to get me to cross over that 50km line into the demarcation zone with the promise of fishing for everyone ... bit of a Adam and apple kind deal. Id friggin fail for sure

Last edited:
Reactions: DRW

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Id probably do what we do on holidays when we cross a border, take a photo of the family each with one foot inside and the other foot outside

Although maybe when I get there, I'll can see the little Covids buggers just hanging around, holding fishing rods and golf clubs and fun stuff, trying to get me to cross over that 50km line into the demarcation zone with the promise of fishing for everyone ... bit of a Adam and apple kind deal. Id friggin fail for sure

Hey @Crusty181 , it is all the Covid buggers from down south of our border that are so keen to come up into our beautiful sunshine and contaminate all us clean skins, thus preventing us then from going fishing, playing golf and other fun stuff. If you want to join us in paradise, you must be a value to the state, and you have to pass the quarantine test first before you even get considered for further movement! Stay home!!!

Reactions: Crusty181