17' Series Jayco expander storm covers

Misstoddryan

Mar 12, 2021
Tamworth
Hi, we have just bought a 2011 jayco expander van. Can anyone please suggest where to get the storm covers for them ? How much are they?
Do we need them or do the beds stay dry if we get heavy rain?
Any other tips would be great.
Thanks

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
I just bought some white tarp from bunnings, cut to size and used eyelets and elastic rope to fix it to the existing clip on points for it's black privacy covers. When not using, it's folded up in between canvas roof and hard lid. When needed, just lower it down.
Works brilliant for rain and also keeps the heat or cold out in summer/winter or when the aircon is on. Only problem is it wasn't see through so you can't see out. If doing again i'd just get clear. Cost under $100 all up for both ends and i have heaps of spare tarp to use again.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
On my old 14.44 I just had the privacy screens, basically a shade cloth screen, they kept water out in some good gully raker storms and allowed some air flow which kept condensation down, while they were store bought it would be easy enough to knock up some shade cloth with eyelets, bungy cord to hold in place instead of forking out hundreds of $$$............

Even though its a few years old I would wipe down the canvas to get it clean of dust and dirt, then give it a good soaking of waterproofiing, I get the liquid in a 1lt bottle or tin and put it in a spray bottle, available from most saddle shops or rural suply shops, spray cans don't cover enough, also use it on my dizabone coats and gear as well. whatever brand you get read the instructions fully clean dry canvas to start with and don't pack it away till its fully dry and it shoudl be good for a few years depending how often you use your rig........... after its all dried off a rub over all stitching with bee's wax makes sure the stitching is sealed.... Never pack away for long periods if damp or it will rot...