Is there a social club?

crystal674

Jun 17, 2011
Benaraby Qld
Is there a social club for panda owners?

I have read about lots of grey nomad clubs but I have 3 kids (one is only 2)

We are really excited about exploring when our new van arrives

We got the conformation letter today!

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Are you thinking and Expandasdownunder meet? If so, then i like the sound of that. I also have two kids, 4 and 2, so not too keen on the grey nomad thing:cool:

Bushman from this forum has a bit of experience with forum meets.

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
We like the sound of a meet up to, we have 2 kids 5yo and 4month old. Will be reading this thread with interest, curious to see what others' think of this idea.

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
Hey, add our name to that list we have a 5yo boy and a 2yo (terror) girl! Our confirmation letter arrived yesterday and we'll be heading North to Queensland in late Sept for a couple of weeks, hopefuly to some warmer weather!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hell, I'm a grey nomad on the east coast and LOTO & I would still enjoy a meet up. We can handle the 'rug rats', as with grand children, we can always hand them back when they bother us or we can just go home. :rolleyes:

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Well, so far everyone interested is from the eastern end of this country, thats a start.

But looks like a few people are still waiting on vans, maybe later in the year, some time in Sept/Oct/Nov.
Any suggestions, it will be hard to please everyone with a location with a spread of interested people from VIC to QLD.

We are in Wollongong, 1 hr sth of Sydney;)

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
Hi everyone

Our 17-56-2 ob also arrives in mid Sept. I think a meet up in latter of Sept/Oct/ Nov would be great.. Maybe somewhere around the Sunshine Coast... By the sounds of things most people have kids and we go to Maroochy Palms every year it's at Maroochydore it is great for kids but could be a bit far for those who live interstate. Any other Suggestions ???

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi all, I have been reading this thread with some interest....

I have two kids one girl 12 and one boy 8 and would love to meet up with others on the forum. Our van arrives in Novemver / December so I am out this year but will be keen to see how this progresses.

Now one thing I wanted to raise with everyone is it seems we have groups of people from differing locations pretty much each state is covered in the forum.

I have put up a new forum specifically for meets.

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/forumdisplay.php/17-Expanda-s-Downunder-Group-Meets

Its currently closed for posting but the idea is to have a sub forum for each state.

That way if some one wants to organise a meet that can post in there relevant area.

What does everyone think about this?

I am keen to get your feedback as I would like to see this idea work :)

Fair-Dinkum

Jun 29, 2011
New Beith, Qld
Sounds like a fabulous idea - it makes it easier for people to connect given that we are all spread around the country. Four of us, whereabouts in SE Qld are you?

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Sounds like a a great idea!

Other forums i'm on have regular state meets and maybe one big annual meet that changes location each year. Never been avaialable for any of them yet.

Love your work expanda!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hi all, I have been reading this thread with some interest....

Its currently closed for posting but the idea is to have a sub forum for each state.

That way if some one wants to organise a meet that can post in there relevant area.

What does everyone think about this?

I am keen to get your feedback as I would like to see this idea work :)

Great idea Expanda. I hope we would still have access to other states postings.

As grey nomads we would sometimes be able to get to interstate meets allowing us to meet even more members. I would be happy to travel over the border to northern NSW for a major meet (it is just down the road :D)