Inside Temp with cover on!!

steve67

Oct 9, 2014
Wantirna, VIC
I just woke my van up after a 3 month hibernation and I thought I might check the Max Temp that the van reached inside...
This can't be good for it.
image.jpeg

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
we were in ours (briefly) on the weekend and it was like a sauna, it's only been home for a week !

Wouldn't have been that high though .....

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Yes mine wasn't as bad, only in the high forties while it was in the thirties outside. I now leave two windows cracked but make sure the fly screens are up to stop unwelcome visitors. I have thought about leaving the hatch popped....

Reactions: Smirke

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
i went in mine yesterday. We have had some warm weather lately (36 - 41) and the van was 30 inside. I leave one sleeve (???) open on each of the 2 x 4 season hatches (facing away from the weather in case it rains) and yesterday I left the window (would have been the ensuite one) slightly open (just not latched).

Reactions: dagree

PhilW

Jul 12, 2015
Sydney. Northern Beaches.
I have also noticed that my van also gets extremely hot inside with the cover on.
Just put some shade cloth on top of the cover to see if it reduces the temperature.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 173
Reactions: steve67

steve67

Oct 9, 2014
Wantirna, VIC
I have also noticed that my van also gets extremely hot inside with the cover on.
Just put some shade cloth on top of the cover to see if it reduces the temperature.
I'll be interested to see if it makes a difference. It may act like a blanket!

PhilW

Jul 12, 2015
Sydney. Northern Beaches.
I'll be interested to see if it makes a difference. It may act like a blanket!
I think it may be the grey colour of the cover that attracts the heat.
Hoping the lighter colour of the shade cloth may help?
The beauty of shade cloth is that the open weave should allow the heat to escape.

Roadkill

Mar 24, 2013
SA
This is a reason why I've left the cover off for an extended period over the summer. Temps inside 10+ degrees warmer than outside. Have instigated a trial where I have a computer fan mounted on the vent above the main door to hopefully help circulate air when the cover is on. Yet to gain any results as the weather is currently a little damp.

Reactions: twscoot and steve67

steve67

Oct 9, 2014
Wantirna, VIC
This is a reason why I've left the cover off for an extended period over the summer. Temps inside 10+ degrees warmer than outside. Have instigated a trial where I have a computer fan mounted on the vent above the main door to hopefully help circulate air when the cover is on. Yet to gain any results as the weather is currently a little damp.
The lesser of two evils....heat or UV

Reactions: Roadkill

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
we had one like that on our swan. It warped the roof. We paid extra for the one we have now. The white top seems to help I think.

steve67

Oct 9, 2014
Wantirna, VIC
we had one like that on our swan. It warped the roof. We paid extra for the one we have now. The white top seems to help I think.
Sh1t, don't say that, I'll have to go out in the rain and check the roof of mine! The cover was supplied by Jayco when I purchased the van.

Reactions: Bellbirdweb

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Agree with others. We live in Brisbane so have a good dose of sun. Similar cover on ours. I leave both top hatches open on the first 'catch', the bathroom skylight cracked and a couple of windows cracked open.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Had the heat issue with the previous van under a cover while on the front lawn..... Ended up doing this mod to carport and drive to prevent it with the new van!

Img_0083.jpg

Img_0230.jpg

And in summer we leave the roof vent open

Reactions: Smirke and steve67