Interior Hot water system won't run on gas

KBerg Rig

Apr 13, 2013
Hello All
Have a Henry (formerly carver) 9L hot water system on my pop top camper.
Runs on 240v and will light on gas but when you take your finger off the start button the flame extinguishes.
Does anyone have any experience with these units or where I can get parts?
I'm located in Perth.
Thanks Matt

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 270

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
this is not related to your particular system, but to gas appliances in general.

There will most probably be a thermocouple sitting above the pilot flame. When this gets hot enough
it will let the gas through after you take your finger off the start button.

If you are lucky, the thermocouple has moved and is no longer sitting above the pilot flame. So readjusting may be all
that is needed.
Otherwise, it may be that the thermocouple has burnt out and is no longer working. You will need to replace it.

A mate of mine had a similar problem with an Electrolux domestic gas fridge earlier this year.
He moved the thermocouple the first time it played up, but that only lasted for another year or so
before it burnt out completely.

Here is a picture of the thermocouple we installed on that fridge.

regards
Mike

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

Doc

May 2, 2016
Hobart, Australia
Hi,
this is not related to your particular system, but to gas appliances in general.

There will most probably be a thermocouple sitting above the pilot flame. When this gets hot enough

If you are lucky, the thermocouple has moved and is no longer sitting above the pilot flame. So readjusting may be all
that is needed.
Otherwise, it may be that the thermocouple has burnt out and is no longer working. You will need to replace it.

A mate of mine had a similar problem with a Electrolux domestic gas fridge earlier this year.
He moved the thermocouple the first time it played up, but that only lasted for another year or so

regards
Mike

Agree 100% with what Mike said. Thermocouple. They are not necessarily specific to a particular brand or model - often you will find a generic part that will do the job. If you are able to remove the thermocouple and take it to a plumbing/gas parts supplier (eg Reece) they may be able to assist.

Reactions: KECL and bigcol

KBerg Rig

Apr 13, 2013
Hi,

that is needed.

A mate of mine had a similar problem with an Electrolux domestic gas fridge earlier this year.

regards
Mike

Much thanks mike I'll have a look and see what I can determine.