17' Series Fuse Box ticking - Jayco Freedom 2004

ZekaSkope

May 14, 2022
Port Stephens NSW
Hi all,

Just powering on our van for the first time. It’s a Freedom Expanda 2004 model.

When connecting to mains there is a clicking coming from our fuse box when plugged into the mains power which also makes the LED lights click on and semi-off as well.

We are running an Ampfibian 10a-15a converter from our house to the van. This seems to all be in order, although we’ve tried a couple of different p-points in case.

From what I can see all the fuses are fine.

From what I’ve googled it sounds like it means faulty wiring or an overload. But does anyone else have feedback on what might be going on before I take it into the shop?

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Hi all,

Just powering on our van for the first time. It’s a Freedom Expanda 2004 model.

When connecting to mains there is a clicking coming from our fuse box when plugged into the mains power which also makes the LED lights click on and semi-off as well.

We are running an Ampfibian 10a-15a converter from our house to the van. This seems to all be in order, although we’ve tried a couple of different p-points in case.

From what I can see all the fuses are fine.

From what I’ve googled it sounds like it means faulty wiring or an overload. But does anyone else have feedback on what might be going on before I take it into the shop?
Could well be a very flat battery trying to get a charge, with the charger pulsing as battery accepts incoming current, then cuts out as internal battery short causes temporary cut out. How old is battery and have you tested same under load when not connected to 240 volt grid??

ZekaSkope

May 14, 2022
Port Stephens NSW
Could well be a very flat battery trying to get a charge, with the charger pulsing as battery accepts incoming current, then cuts out as internal battery short causes temporary cut out. How old is battery and have you tested same under load when not connected to 240 volt grid??
Thanks for the reply. Unsure as to age of battery, it came with the sale a few weeks ago..
The battery was definitely dead, only reading 9v, so we are charging overnight. That could be contributing to the problem, although the ticking occurs only when a connector plug from the fuse box itself is plugged into a mains switch, which seems to power our lights.
Leaving the battery to charge overnight to see if it’s somehow connected to this issue, fingers crossed.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Have the battery switch turned Off if it still clicks when plugged into 240 then its not the battery... otherwise as @Boots in Action said.

When plugged into 240 the Setek unit will provide 12v for your light and other 12v appliances as well as a charge for the battery, whilst plugged in to 240 check that the 240 breaker switch is operative by pushing the small button, it should trip and disconnect the 240, if not it has failed and needs replacing.

Reactions: Boots in Action