Finally a chance to get on the road

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We have a three week window between hand physio sessions so are planning to get away early next week. First stop will be Bjelkie Peterson dam for at least 3 nights then on to Maroon dam for a few more days. After that will be a few days of “see what happens”.The van has been prepped, serviced, wheel nuts checked :boink:,truck likewise.

Just fitted a set of Dumbo ears to the truck, couldn’t see the value in Clearview but found a set of knock-offs from Autoelec for $249. Easy to fit and I now have blinkers on the mirrors which weren’t on the original units but obviously allowed for in the loom.

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
We have a three week window between hand physio sessions so are planning to get away early next week. First stop will be Bjelkie Peterson dam for at least 3 nights then on to Maroon dam for a few more days. After that will be a few days of “see what happens”.The van has been prepped, serviced, wheel nuts checked :boink:,truck likewise.

Just fitted a set of Dumbo ears to the truck, couldn’t see the value in Clearview but found a set of knock-offs from Autoelec for $249. Easy to fit and I now have blinkers on the mirrors which weren’t on the original units but obviously allowed for in the loom.
I have a set of clearview mirrors to fit Colorado and Izuzu. Turn indicators and electric adjustment of mirror.
Took them off previous truck and replaced with electric folding clearviews.
Anyone want for $300

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
I have a set of clearview mirrors to fit Colorado and Izuzu. Turn indicators and electric adjustment of mirror.
Took them off previous truck and replaced with electric folding clearviews.
Anyone want for $300
Sorry mate, I might have been interested earlier in the year.
But honestly, as soon as the gates open in Melbourne I am out of here and I won't need mirrors cause I won't be looking back.
:bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
That would be right @Johnanbev , sell my Colorado and someone has a set for sale, not thinking about them on the Jeep, just bigger blind spots..

@chartrock we could be cruising by in that time period, departure date not confirmed yet, well, neither is direction fully but Canberra is the end result, with a possible loop by those places as we will be in a holding pattern for the big vote either postal or early poll depend which happens first, then turn south towards Lurgy Land................. I wasn't going to mention your Nuts.......;)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I can't roll until 16th worse luck................and tied up this week so a quick run is out......bummer....

Reactions: chartrock

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Please accept my apologies, as I think it is beyond my allowable 5000 metres habitation bubble.
Apologies accepted and understood. My heart goes out to you folks down south, we only had a few short weeks of lockdown, so, while we have a vague understanding of your situation, living it for weeks or months can only be understood if lived through as you are doing. The numbers are heading in the right direction so we live in hope.:cheer2:
I can't roll until 16th worse luck................and tied up this week so a quick run is out......bummer....
We will still be in the area till around 20th, so still possible to catch up.

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Was at BPeterson dam a few weeks ago .Nice and quiet ,dam level still way down.Was there a few years ago when a fishing comp was on,absolute mayhem.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We have booked 4 nights at Blelkie Peterson dam with an option of a couple more, from tomorrow 6/10 so if any one is around we can arrange a visit.
so ...... at this Blelkie Peterson dam do you get four nights for the price of one, yet still drive out at the end of a week with a non descript paper bag full of cash ??

Reactions: BJM and chartrock