QLD Christmas isolation

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Who else out there in caravan land would like to plan that very important trip so you do not have to be around a lot of in-laws and outlaws for Christmas ,the people you have to smile at and make civilised conversation to knowing all they want to do is hop in their little cars and nick off until they are required to see the rest of the family next Christmas or or come to a funeral. Ah I love christmas

Reactions: davemc

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Who else out there in caravan land would like to plan that very important trip so you do not have to be around a lot of in-laws and outlaws for Christmas ,the people you have to smile at and make civilised conversation to knowing all they want to do is hop in their little cars and nick off until they are required to see the rest of the family next Christmas or or come to a funeral. Ah I love christmas
Sounds like our family Xmas story. My Xmas gift to me every year is leaving (van in tow) early on Xmas morning, rolling into one of our fav freecamps later in the day where we celebrate the birth of baby Jesus's twin brother Daryl by dropping a few blessed cans. This year we decided to bugger off on Dec 12th, so Sat week. By the time Xmas day comes around we'll be holed up somewhere up the coast among a few other voluntary Xmas orphans

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thankfully we don't have the big Clan gatherings, distance is our friend, last year had lunch with some friends and we enjoyed not having a tribe around..... This year venture to be with daughter which is okay, take Big Mal as a place to hide from g/kids............... My choice was a nice brekky on the beach watch the sun come up with Jeep decked out in tinsel, just the two of us and surprisingly not many others around until later.... maybe next year.

Reactions: chartrock