ACT Canberra Park Recommendation

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
Can anyone recommend a good park to stay in around Canberra? Planning on a 3 night stay in a couple of weeks time.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I've stayed at Hill Creast in Queanbeyan, small park and sites a bit tight from memory but OK also stayed at Eaglehawk CP just north of Canberra very open ensuites are the pic of the sites was a while ago so some improvment may have been done since OH and it's in the flight path for the airport , many stay at Exibition Park.

Last edited:
Reactions: Triton

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
Thanks Bushman,
Ended up booking into the Alivio Tourist Park. It is central and the Pool looked pretty good, but we won't be spending a lot of time in the park, doing more of the tourist thing while there for the few days. The parks up that way all looked disappointing and all got reasonably poor reviews on trip advisor. In the end it is just a bit of a stopover on our way to Merimbula.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Yep sadly Canberra is let down a bit on its quality of Caravan Parks. that one looks OK might have to keep that one in mind next time I need a stop over in Canberra.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I can't remember the name of the park we stayed in but it was in Sutton Nth. Only there for one night and did the quick trip into Canberra to the Parliament House tour. Not a bad place, I think it was on the market at the time.

Have a good trip @Triton

Reactions: Triton

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
Thanks Cruza......was a toss up between spending 3 days in Canberra or having a look through Tumut/Talbingo/Cooma.....in the end we thought the kids would like having a look around Canberra (War Memorial, AIS, Tidbinbilla etc). Snowy Mountains will have to wait till next time.

Reactions: cruza driver

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
Thanks Silverfox......it did look to be the best...... sounds like it has undergone a good transformation recently. ...I will post a review after we have stayed there.

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Hi Triton,

Where in Merimbula are you headed to? I plan to be in Merimbula from the 18th Jan for two weeks.

Silverfox