Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Now the facts are plain ,Jeep invented the original 4x4 system,didnt see any Toyos running around beaches on D Day !Jeeps 4 wheel drive system in the WK2 GCis still recognised as the best on the market ,combine it the 8 speed ZF auto , .!! A few weeks ago had a near new LC200 V8 diesel tailing me out of Emerald to Rocky going to the coast,both actually towing same J17.58 OB poptop.On a number occasions he tried to pass me on passing lanes up hill without any success.We had to stop for a huge mining dump truck on a flat bed ,young guy hopped out of Toyo and asked me what motor in the Jeep ,he said only time on his 6 month trip he couldnt pass somebody.!I might add I was in the 2010 WH GC 5 speed ,however does put out around 620 NM !
Not sure just inventing 4x4 was enough :bolt:

Meanwhile in other facts

2021010a.jpg

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So out of 100 Jeeps 141 are a problem....................... and out of 100 Tojo's 98 are a problem, so who are the 2 lucky buggas then ???

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
You wouldn't really buy a new bar because you didn't like the paint job ? Would you ??? ............ Did you use Matt or Flat ??? Give it a coat of clear before it gets mucky then you will be able to clean it if you ever get to go anywhere, a Matt/Flat paint job is a bastard to try and clean and will drive you nuts.......... trust me......................... I had a locust that took about a year before I got rid of the imprint....... This mongrel polished alloy job on the Jeeperific is nearly as bad....

I have found the Woolworths Tyre Shine goop actually does a good job of keeping the plastic bits looking good, doesn't go white or mucky when wet and if you give it a wipe over a few hours later when its sort of set its good and will last a few washes as well............ better than the stuff thats costs a monza for sure, this is about $5 a can........ trest run it on van/jeep out to Innaminka and back and the red stuff just washed off, the black still looked good.........

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Seen a few of those bars do a good job flicking skippy but the price of a replacement is ridiculous, wait till you find something to bend it and claim insurance....................by the time you escape suburbia it will be time for another paint job I reckon........

Hang in there mate, I can send you some good QLD red dirt, just hosed under the Jeep and Big Mal, still getting the stuff out..................... if you want fresh stuff will have to wait a couple of weeks till I can get some more. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ;)

Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I like the ECB bars, nice finish as well as looks.................................. 61kg and alloy bars are just as good as steel sometimes better.

1630192227026.png

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
New windscreen, never thought of that, I have fixed a couple of chips on mine so far just worried I get a crappy windscreen and the bits won't work....... might give it some serious thought, the old HiLux needs a new one big crack right across but no insurance on it, maybe get a good price on 2 at once...... Might make a phone call get the fella around with his van..................

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Why not i think its 60 or 90 extra on insurance you can get 1 or 2 a year so why not they always get chipped i pay for it so i get it but evan if its 90 extra the screens are heaps more than that my cruiser didnt have an acoustic windscreen now it dose you get put straight through to obrian would you like us to claim it for you yea why not be my guest makes no diffrance to my insurance cost each year sometimes its longer but once its been hammered its out of there .....
yeh I have it on my policy as well but have never really thought about it I must admit.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
More improvements Armax snorkel made a bit of difference cars liking it...... setteled it right down and the toyota snorkel is just a high air intake its not sealed so you carnt drive in water but now i can but i carnt drive anywhere ...... and if i drive in water will probably drown the starter motor or alternator lol but still i carnt go anywhere but when i can look out its heaps better for the car anyway after haveing it on a dyno a few times each time it was said mmmmmm your air intake is down but now it wont be car is running better i did have a rammer head on the toyota one not the top hat
looks nice

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Better than that mushroom on the roof I must say, of course snorkels just mean you don't drown the engine before you fuse the electronics......

Reactions: Boots in Action

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Amuses me watching guys go into three foot of water.Put a three foot rule in the engine bay and see what it can cover on your 4x4.!

Reactions: Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My superior River Forder Series III Landy, never got above the floor pan no matter how deep the water, just kept a gentle few revs so the wheels became paddles...no need for snorkel..... so long as the current wasn't too strong we would make it to the other bank, otherwise throw kids out to hang on a kick for extra paddle power.

Reactions: Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Be good for when it does get some use on your dirt road runs for sure, like one for the Jeeperific, but Santa won't be in it.....you should make up a mask for it complete with elastic ties.

Reactions: Bluey and mfexpanda