Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It does look good, nice and clean with just a hint of red dirt...................................you will be able to tow and carry your gear around without fear of scallies grabbing you......You can buy a bigga boat as well and have room for that surfboard thats rotting away in a shed........lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol.

Reactions: Bluey and DRW

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
Nice tow and like the colour. Now the fun starts with setting it up how you like it.

My three favourite modifications are:
- Toyo AT2 tyres. ($1200-$1500)
- Australian made full Sheepskin Seat covers (~$900)
- Australian made "Drifta" rear draws with ½ cargo barrier (~$2000)

Plenty of other fun mods that you can do to your GX @Bluey

Those are just my three favourites, enjoy your new tow.

Reactions: Bluey and DRW

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
Nice, just needs a lift, new tyres and wheels, window tint and a new bull bar, then you are all set.
Then maybe an exhaust and re-map, stock lock up kit and anything else I missed.

Sorry love spending other people’s money

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I would put a block under the van hitch rather than drop the tug hitch, works better dynamically and looks better than a damn plough blade hanging off the back of the Cruiser.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluey

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
New bull bar what !!!!!! Its got one toyota ones ok isnt it .... its got a superwinch in it all fitted bye toyota

as I said, just spending your money for you - great cars, you will love it :)
36347752_10156476741492065_7331103759424028672_n.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6922 (1).JPG
    IMG_6922 (1).JPG
    564.2 KB · Views: 333
Reactions: Bluey and 1DayIll

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Heres where i put the 12 volt plugs
View attachment 62668View attachment 62669
Now the tow hitch seems to be 100mm or so diffrance in a level van and cruisers or the WDH tow ball
So do i lift the vans coupling up to top of draw bar ????? Could be dramas in doing that with reverseing tight turns ????????
Or do i just put a huge plough system on my hitch weather i use the bars is here or there but the balls way off ploughs look crap but maybe its the only way
View attachment 62670
View attachment 62671View attachment 62672
Look forward to hearing from the brains trust
And theres a big bracket that sticks out the side of where the bars go on can i cut it off i never put anything on it but it must be for somthing
Your van hitch is a bit high there fella.

Reactions: mfexpanda and Bluey

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
First things first, whatever you do decide if you’re going get it lifted before you try to get the van level.
If the lift is some way off then just stick a spacer block under the van coupler to drop the van a bit so it at least looks level.
Don’t trust those little spirit levels if your trying to work out exactly if its level. Best bet is to measure frame to ground back & front.

Looks like a really good rig all round, enjoy.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Do some measurements as I said so you don't buy some monster fitting, always amazes me folks that have lifted their tug only to put a plough on the back to get hung up with...........................but adding a 50mm block would be better if not enough then a smaller plough bracket could be used.

rags

V8 tax never heard of that here i saw on news talk about paying tax per ks used each year and dropping fule tax but only talk nothing will happen for ages could they eva make a decision that we mite not like and get voated out god forbit

In Qld you pay a premium to drive a V8 (a tax by any other name)

How registration is calculated
In Queensland, the vehicle registration fee is currently charged according to the number of cylinders a vehicle has. Vehicles are grouped together for this purpose, with the main cylinder groups being 2, 4, 6 and 8 cylinders.

Reactions: Drover

rags

Question for other mighty powerfull 200 owners the sub tank ive read the book but nothing realy about it so
I know on prado a light comes on when the second tank changes over
Dose the same happen when main tank is empty or dose it use sub tank first or uses both at once ??????. I would think a light comes on when main tank is done

Bluey, you must have a 120 series Prado.
I wonder if the 200 series functions the same as the 150 Prado twin tanks. My understanding of my Prado set up is that there is no light and the gauge registers the fuel in both tanks as a combined total. Fuel is drawn from the front tank and at the same time fuel is being pumped from the rear tank to the front tank. Different to my 120 series and different to the 90series I had before that.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
In Qld you pay a premium to drive a V8 (a tax by any other name)

How registration is calculated
In Queensland, the vehicle registration fee is currently charged according to the number of cylinders a vehicle has. Vehicles are grouped together for this purpose, with the main cylinder groups being 2, 4, 6 and 8 cylinders.

$hit, my utes a 6 cyclinder, but i have a box with 20 old lawn mower pistons and bores in the back. Can i get a quote on a 26 cylinder

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Question for other mighty powerfull 200 owners the sub tank ive read the book but nothing realy about it so
I know on prado a light comes on when the second tank changes over
Dose the same happen when main tank is empty or dose it use sub tank first or uses both at once ??????. I would think a light comes on when main tank is done
Can the 10% more power to weight powerful Navara owners be of any help ... or is that a bit too much power ;)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Your not helping again your model nav must be good do they still make them ???
You can only help if you have answers to questions asked maybe you save your nav crap for the dead nav thread lol
Now back to my sub tank which navs dont come out with
Touche` Sir. In that case i cant offer any relevant help.

Reactions: mfexpanda and Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So its not at all like a reserve panic fuel tank so really just a way to carry fuel to get between garages.

Not allowed to wander off course on Blue Dogs thread, especially as its about his much wanted, fought for, tear hair out Playdoh replacement......................

Rego in Victoria is nice just the location is the problem................................

Arent we due for some more piccies ................