Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mine which I use for my Big Mals Mobile Broadband lives in a bit of PVC conduit, keeps it nice and safe when not in use..............
I don't worry about signal when driving and when in camp my phone will run thru the WiFi so with aerial about 4mts above ground its cool ............. Folk were amazed I had signal and internet at Lara Wetlands and other places....... I'll show you next time we meet .

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Not wrong @Bluey some of the specials aren't have to study the tyre form guide for awhile to get the lay of the land, I have been running with Bob Jane for a long time now as the deals are often better with Tyre Power in second, I like the pay 3 get 4 deals myself.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I just reshod with Yokies on a 4 for 3 deal, actually rarely use Bridgestone, Dunlop or Goodyear myself......................

Diesel $1.49 ULP $1.49 local but further afield Maryborough $1.50 - 1.60 Diesel ULP $1.62 brissie about 10 cents or more................... also power points are live.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I just reshod with Yokies on a 4 for 3 deal, actually rarely use Bridgestone, Dunlop or Goodyear myself......................

Diesel $1.49 ULP $1.49 local but further afield Maryborough $1.50 - 1.60 Diesel ULP $1.62 brissie about 10 cents or more................... also power points are live.
Talk about prices for diesel or petrol. Recently on a tour to Fraser Island, diesel at Eurong was $2.35 a litre and petrol the same. In Brisbane at the moment, diesel is $1.66 a litre. And in Cairns on tour a few days ago, diesel the same price , and Cape Trib the same as Cairns. Cheaper away from the big centres!!! Go figure.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Talk about prices for diesel or petrol. Recently on a tour to Fraser Island, diesel at Eurong was $2.35 a litre and petrol the same. In Brisbane at the moment, diesel is $1.66 a litre. And in Cairns on tour a few days ago, diesel the same price , and Cape Trib the same as Cairns. Cheaper away from the big centres!!! Go figure.
thats 69c per litre x 40,000 litres delivery = $27,600 to transport to Fraser not a bad days work

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Righto pics are in looks great gone one size bigger had 285x65x17 now 285x70x17 bit of a diffrance but not much bit higher in the side wall

Righto, your sidewall is 15mm higher and the wheel diameter is about 30mm more, circumference is now 2610mm an increase of 90mm.... So now at 60kph on your speedo you technically will be doing 62.1kph ............................. should be a smoother ride..........

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
thats 69c per litre x 40,000 litres delivery = $27,600 to transport to Fraser not a bad days work
Pretty short day too, by my calcs Fraser Is is only 10km way from Hervey Bay and avg price of diesel today in Hervey Bay is $1.60. We could hire a 10mtr tipper and fill it up at the Hervey Bay Caltex at retail prices and be back at the pub for a counter lunch with a huge bag of cash

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Only one question @Crusty181 how are you going to get into QLD?
And how are you going to get a 40,000 litre tanker across the island from the landing point to Eurong on the east side. The sandy narrow tracks will take you all day if you can through- doubtful in just one tanker- smaller maybe?? Although Kingfisher Bay is easier as it has its own jetty, but I am yet to see/hear about a large tanker arriving on the barge there. Half your profit would be in getting the tanker/s? to and from the Island by barge!!! Maybe less profit if you use smaller tankers, say 5000 litre types. And the way vehicles chew up fuel getting through the soft sand in 4WD and low gears, a lot of your profit will be used up in delivering the fuel. Keep dreaming!!

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
And how are you going to get a 40,000 litre tanker across the island from the landing point to Eurong on the east side. The sandy narrow tracks will take you all day if you can through- doubtful in just one tanker- smaller maybe?? Although Kingfisher Bay is easier as it has its own jetty, but I am yet to see/hear about a large tanker arriving on the barge there. Half your profit would be in getting the tanker/s? to and from the Island by barge!!! Maybe less profit if you use smaller tankers, say 5000 litre types. And the way vehicles chew up fuel getting through the soft sand in 4WD and low gears, a lot of your profit will be used up in delivering the fuel. Keep dreaming!!
def a smaller tanker .
there was an old road that went from inskip landing point straight down the middle of the island ,

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
def a smaller tanker .
there was an old road that went from inskip landing point straight down the middle of the island ,
Still is, but still very windy and sandy - an old Forestry track if I remember. Not used very much, beach better, and faster if tide right. Take you all day with 5000l of fuel on board (if you did not get bogged!) not to mention the fuel used to get to the delivery points. So much for a quick trip, and back to mainland for counter lunch. @Crusty181 , your profit margin is shrinking all the time.

Reactions: Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Not wanting to hog Blueys thread but I have seen trucks with 20ft containers and tankers on the Kingfisher Bay Ferry out of River Heads, cost would be a monza as a FWD with a camper can knock you $500 or more.

Blueys cruiser would be $270-300 plus $7 a head .... add up to $170 for a trailer.............. just had a squiz at site to see if any increase........

Last edited:
Reactions: Boots in Action

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Of course to have a proper functional winch you need a snatch block, shackles, tree strops, length of extra cable about 50mts, spare shear pins, big shovel..... 2 snatch blocks I prefer for bigger mechanical advantage when Cruiser is really bogged.....

• Haha
Reactions: mfexpanda

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Of course to have a proper functional winch you need a snatch block, shackles, tree strops, length of extra cable about 50mts, spare shear pins, big shovel..... 2 snatch blocks I prefer for bigger mechanical advantage when Cruiser is really bogged.....
The Runva came with a block, so with stock on hand we have the obligatory two. I have about 35 straps of various sizes, shapes, purposes. The more recovery gear you carry proportionally the less likely you are to require it, as applies to the opposite in reverse

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Over the last 50 years I wanted a Warn winch, it was the dream with each new vehicle but as time went on I found I used my recovery gear more for others and rarely for my vehicle, have an aversion to the work required getting bogged so try to avoid the situation and let someone else go in front to test the waters......

Reactions: MDS69 and mfexpanda

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Over the last 50 years I wanted a Warn winch, it was the dream with each new vehicle but as time went on I found I used my recovery gear more for others and rarely for my vehicle, have an aversion to the work required getting bogged so try to avoid the situation and let someone else go in front to test the waters......
Ill happily help if someones going to get seriously injured or die, but I don't ever use my stuff to subsidise people who either cant be bothered taking responsibility for themselves or worse just expect that Im going to take responsibility for them. Ha, not likely. I have a satellite phone and I'm happy to call for a recovery for them, but they won't get me to risk my car, people or gear bailing them out. Bugger them.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Haven't helped out unknowns for decades now, if your not prepared not my worry .............. our old FWD Club would charge non members for recovery, cover our fuel and a maintenance charge, cash up front, we might have been country folk but not stupid...........
Most getting dragged out of trouble were in cruisers and getting rescued by Nissans and landys really peed them off... an added bonus.....

so @Bluey you might be lucky, the Crusty Con and I know you so we will drag you from the mud, just cost a camp oven cook up from you...