QLD Bitter weather

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Had better start planning to move further north last night the temp got down to 12 so we had to get out a blanket and only getting up to 25 today so may have to look for a jumper and if it does not rain soon I may have to water my garden

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ya whimp, i'm further North and is was colder the other day, I'm still in shorts and T shirt, just staying inside till winter passes I think... about next week.

Reactions: poor but proud

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
fishing around here has been pretty good a mix of summer and winter species,been using the canoe in the local creeks and coming up with a good feed each time no photos as i do not have to brag as we always catch fish around here,

Reactions: DRW

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
The boss and myself are in Tenterfield for the weekend,beautiful 17.c now ,frost this morning.Just climbed Bald rock,must have been a bit younger last time we climbed it 15 years ago.!

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
i agree, gets steeper each time we go there, many years ago we camped near the old gold mines in Red Rock Gorge on The Severn River not far from where you are now, it got down to 11 deg below zero at night, the old cotton tents we used still stood up after we took the poles out, had to carry them out into the sun so they would collapse then we could fold them up, that was fun camping on the ground,

Reactions: mikerezny

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
fishing around here has been pretty good a mix of summer and winter species,been using the canoe in the local creeks and coming up with a good feed each time no photos as i do not have to brag as we always catch fish around here,

I've been a wimp in regards to Fishing and Yaking, when tides good for the yak I stick nose out door and think nah too cold, same for fishing in boat, even though some good squid here at the moment I pike out.......:confused::confused:

The boss and myself are in Tenterfield for the weekend,beautiful 17.c now ,frost this morning.Just climbed Bald rock,must have been a bit younger last time we climbed it 15 years ago.!

When my mum and my sisters tribe were at Stanthorpe we used to brave the conditions in winter and visit from Toowoomba but then having come from Canberra it was mild and running and climbing Bald Rock was a doddle, not anymore though the place is colder and that rock is lots bigger now...........o_Oo_O

Reactions: poor but proud

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Yesterday morning in the rtt on the Murray

screenshot_20200605-082602_quickpic-resized-1600.jpg

Reactions: mfexpanda

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Now that screen shot is deeply disturbing it is very apparent that our great leader Anna has made the correct division to keep the border closed or we would be swamped with a hoard of climate refugees coming our way with damp winter woollies and dry itchy skin trying to get to our best free camps. Long may Anna the plank reign

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Now that screen shot is deeply disturbing it is very apparent that our great leader Anna has made the correct division to keep the border closed or we would be swamped with a hoard of climate refugees coming our way with damp winter woollies and dry itchy skin trying to get to our best free camps. Long may Anna the plank reign
You didnt see the news ??? Ha

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@mikerezny @Drover. No van, rtt is secret code for roof top tent. Id look pretty stupid in the rtt, with a 20ft van attached to the car. Curled up like a caterpillar in a sleeping bag whilst the van (just next to me) has a heater, netflix, toilet, shower, sat tv. I do sleep walk tho ... maybe i was in the freezer.

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Any talk about opening the border must be fake news especially after sending us a fruit picker with the plague ,when they do open the border it will be likened to Moses leading the exodus or maybe crusty recast as Burt Reynolds in a remake of Smokey and the bandit ,that gives you thoughts to keep you awake at night.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I could be sitting on The Cooper waiting for SA to open the gate, dont care about QLD I have a key...