Riverside Swan Hill, Swan Hill, VIC
Blue Lake Holiday Park, Mount Gambier, SA
Beachlands Holiday Park, Busselton, WA
Denmark Ocean Beach Holiday Park, Denmark WA
Dongara Denison Beach Holiday Park, Dongara-Port Denison region WA
Ledge Point Holiday Park, Ledge Point WA
Plantation Caravan Park, Carnarvon, WA

List provided by My Park List and Whats Up Down Under

The pet policy for each park may be specific - eg pets may not be allowed in peak periods. Enquire with the park when booking.

A few parks have indicated they will take dogs, but BIG4 have yet to check if they have the necessary things in place. Again, check when booking.

Reactions: Kate File

Micky

Jul 15, 2011
Callala Bay NSW
Bushman, Whilst the South Durras park does allow dogs, the policy is fairly restrictive. We were looking for a spot for a quick weekend getaway recently and checked out their website, where it advises that they have only allocated 3 sites for dog owners (gather these are probably not in prime locations) and also only small dogs up to a maximum of 10kg are permitted. This annoyed us a little as our Samoyed is well over the 10kg limit, but given his age (approaching 14) and the fact that he spends the bulk of his day laying around sleeping, he would be less of a problem to other travellers than a highly energetic and possibly (certainly not saying they all are) 'yappy' terrier type canine! But overall it is good to see Big 4 changing their policy, certainly opens up a lot more locations / options for those of us who prefer to travel with our pets rather than kennelling them each time we head off on a jaunt. Just hope that not all of them place weight restrictions on the pets they permit! :high5:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Hi micky

Thanks for the info on Durras, how rediculous is that? , restriction on weight, now I have heard it all, restrictions on breed I've heard of and even charging a small fee for the dog, which happened to us for the first time a few weeks back.

I can hear in now, "hello I'd like to book a site and bring our dog", (park) "how heavy is your dog?" (customer) 12kg (park) "sorry your dog is to heavy" :shocked:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I can sympathise with you dog owners although I do not own one myself. You will be restricted in the places you can stay or even visit, and the cost of boarding them can be prohibitive which is why I made a concious decision not to have any pets. :ballchain: They deserve more attention and companionship than I am prepared to supply (too many other interests).

I sometimes envy the pleasure some people get from their pets but I do like to just go away whenever suits me. I sometimes feel I am selfish for looking after my own interests but I know at least I am not mistreating or neglecting a defenceless animal so more power to those of you who look after their pets. :llama: