Anyone got a list?

Ren77

Nov 7, 2013
North Queensland
Just wondering if anyone has put out a list of items that are needed to fit out a new Panda. You know, kitchen equipment, toilet chemical, etc etc. I want to be as prepared as possible so we don't go away and think..."we forgot to pack the ..." Thanks in advance guys.

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Wow, I didn't think such a list existed. When we got the Swift we sat in it with a paper and pen and made a list.
Mind you, don't matter how good your list is, you will still forget things.
Like Tim n me last November got to Sheepyard Flat only to discover no tea no coffee no can opener. No shops out there. It's what trips are all about. Half the fun is the giggle we have at the silly mistakes we make.

Reactions: Ren77

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
I thought it might have been, just wasn't sure what to search for lol. Will see how I go

Found this from something I typed up in another post. Can use it as starting point, perhaps. Cheers Pace.

Corelle are what we use. Our van is like as if its home, fully loaded ready to go at the drop of hat. When we had the Swan we transferred all to Expanda. Plastic cups are the go like Mick suggests. Don't forget a small heater, toaster, kettle, all the pots/ pans, cutlery for all the family (plus the odd blow in, now you've got the room to house them, because trust they will come!!!), pillows/ bedding/ sleeping bags (yes fitted sheets can stay on the mattress as you pack up), mattress protectors for those little accidents that can happen, batteries, torches, spare keys (both car and van, because accidents will happen and keep spares in car for van and for van in car, has happened to us!!!), tape fittings to match wherever you stay for water supply connections, spare o-ring for van nylex fitting, flynet repair kit.
As for toolbox, I'm sure there is a thread detailing things of essential to carry, though each to there own. Just look around, inside and under the van and have a think what could get caught on things that might need temp repair to get you by. Some will suggest a cordless drill and duct tape is the go too, yes i carry them. My thinking is that if you carry it you wont use it, has worked so far for us.

Are you mechanically minded or a "bush mechanic" (no offence intended any one), this too will warrant what you carry. If you watch 4WD shows, bush mechanics are everywhere and the things that get them by is quite clever.

Reactions: Ren77

dakky68

Nov 19, 2013
Newcastle
I'm a bit in love with making lists so I have a fairly detailed one for us (see attachment). Unfortunately, I'm not that great at following through with the process, but the idea is to print one off before every trip and use it as a checklist, then take it away with us and update it as necessary so when we get home I know what I need to replace/add/remove.

(Amazingly) there are possibly things missing as my husband packs most of the van and car stuff, so I may have missed some of that kind of stuff. He's a tradie so does have lots of handy stuff that he brings, that I don't even know (care) about, plus things that we keep in the car all the time.

At least it's a start, though :)

Attachments

• Camping Checklist.pdf
    325.3 KB · Views: 395