another Jeep

blackstump

Jan 25, 2017
west gippsland
BUT what.........if you have something to say then say it. Or does owning an overpriced, underwhelming landcruiser give you special entitlements here. I have been a member for two days and cop this $hit already. Sick of you keyboard experts. Jam your forum

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Jeeeezzzz.....you sure have an unnamed issue.

We try to encourage, help and support here...don't you?

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
BUT what.........if you have something to say then say it. Or does owning an overpriced, underwhelming landcruiser give you special entitlements here. I have been a member for two days and cop this $hit already. Sick of you keyboard experts. Jam your forum

Mate sorry its a long going friendly ribbing we all give the Jeep owners (and Pootrol owners and Playdoh owners) they also give it back
But we never take the don't be rude out of Navara's as the Crusty Terminator will come and kill us in our sleep. (has to be in our sleep cause we are too tough while awake) ;)

But again sorry it was just a don't be rude take :)

Wombat6

Aug 27, 2016
Melbourne
Getting back to the original topic, I have just got back from a three week trip towing our 20.06 Expanda caravan with our Jeep Grand Cherokee. We had two long kayaks on the roof, three filled water tanks in the van, five bikes, a full car and the Jeep was fantastic. Whilst I stuck to around 100 km/h this was because of stability concerns and not because the Jeep couldn't go faster (lots of spare power for overtaking). With all that we were towing and had on the roof we still achieved fuel economy of around 18l/100km which gave us a range of about 400 kms.

For towing a large caravan I would thoroughly recommend a Grand which is also quite a capable 4WD (although it would have been nice to have the next model up with the air bag suspension).

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
As the proud previous owner of 2 Grand Cherokees I can say they were both great vehicles but I did find the jealous remarks of other peasants who couldn't own one dreary at times and sometimes would make a caustic reply but it usually took more than one word "BUT" and I can honestly say as the proud owner of a Colorado I again get similar remarks, too which I again give the odd Digit Extendous sign...............

So @blackstump as the proud owner of a Jeep you have to take the message to the great unwashed..................

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
as a previous owner of a Jeep (CJ-5) which is no where near the current range of Jeeps (fit, finish, power, comfort)
I sometimes do slag off the Jeeps - yes - but only from experience

if it were not for the Jeeps, we probably would not have a SUV market

I mean, come on, there was not a good supply of 4wd until after the Jeep, and the poms only made the Landrover because it was cheaper than the Jeep, which was getting harder to find

Reactions: dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Wash your mouth out @bigcol, In the beginning god created Landrover, he smiled and was very pleased that he had something better than a matchbox Jeep........................................................My great fav vehicles are Jeep and Landy's, with a lean to Landy's more room.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Rolls Royce engine, loved em so long as I didn't have to maintain or pay for the fuel............................

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Rolls Royce engine, loved em so long as I didn't have to maintain or pay for the fuel............................

pity the B40 RR engine was only in them for a couple of years, then Austin made copies of the engine to bring the cost down

some even had the Austin A90 motor in them

my mate has 2 of them, and have crawled all over them in the last 40 years

Reactions: Drover

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Jeeps, Toyota's, Landy's all good, but what we really hate is Navara's
Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 11.49.03 am.png