Airbags

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
Hi all,
We have a new Nissan Patrol Y62. With the 20.64 hooked up it makes the rear of the car drop a bit. I have a WDH but I think airbags will help a lot. Any recommendations on brands or experiences??
I have a price from the airbag man and from ARB.
I have never had them before so any information would be good. Heavier springs aren't really an option as it is a TiL
Thanks in advance

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I was a total novice with air bags as well and had a saggy bum on my Y61.

Got Nissan guys to look at it and recommend solution and they sent me to ARB.

All good now....Nissan service guys happy, I'm happy and no more saggy bum.

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Tucker

May 4, 2016
Geelong, Victoria
I've just put in airbag man with Kevlar sleeve as the back of our rig would sag a little with the van and now the the bags in a lot better ride and handling

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I would aleways upgrade springs when adding air bags just so they aren't taking all the load.......Whats TiL ?????

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
tiL is the top of the range model, has suspension setup similar to KDSS in the cruiser. I believe there is only one company that does a suspension kit for them, ARB and TjM don't do anything at all for the TiL, only the base model. I can only fit airbags

Reactions: bigcol

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
My 100 series has had polyair bags and HD springs / shocks since new (2002)

One of the polyair's popped 1 day into our trip at Christmas and wow, it was horrible to drive even with 1 still working. Front end was really light and it was a real handful.

I was briefly considering getting a WDH until I got some advice from other members on here.

I replaced them with the firestone bags with Kevlar sleeves from airbagman.

Quality on the firestones seems better and with the sleeves on them you can go as high as 60psi as opposed to 25 without sleeves.

First trip since installing them at Easter and it was a dream to tow the 21. No more thoughts of a WDH.

I also have controls and guages in the cab to inflate/deflate on the fly.

I managed to get them adjusted so that the load was evenly distributed across all 4 wheels (by monitoring the temperature on the van tyres) and found that 34psi was the sweet spot with my setup.

The whole setup was from airbag man, highly recommend them.

lee

Dec 5, 2013
Victoria
How much roughy do airbags cost? Looking at putting them on our sanfa fe but not sure

Attachments

• IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    788.5 KB · Views: 259

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I put 2 sets on the Jeep, only because I destoyed a set coming up from Camerons Corner via Birdsville, only detroyed the airlines but as we travelled back with them flat I decided to go for a whole new set, bought them on line from Truck Spares in America landed in 3 days for around $100, both ARB and Pedders quoted a fortune and they are really simple to fit, even for a cranky old bloke like me :)

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
pedders get them from airbag man pedders don't make any I have on the prado air bags from pedders and pedders springs still the original shockers 150ks on the clock And I have a WDH as well 20 odd psi in bags and the hitch what a great set up to tow with my car anyway I will never change this set up

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
Thanks everyone for all of your help and advice, I will look at getting something this week ready for the next adventure