2014 Outback expanda newbie

Dexy

Jun 25, 2020
Adelaide
Hi all. I have recently stumbled across this forum after me and the wife purchased a 2014 outback expanda. We have used it for 4 nights so far and we are very happy with it. As it is our first van we have had a few issues i would like advice from fellow owners. We have a toddler and one due in october so we have the double bunk version and are planning many weekend aways to start with and then some bigger trips once we are confident. Anyways. Just thought i would say hi!

Reactions: WHHEMI

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi all. I have recently stumbled across this forum after me and the wife purchased a 2014 outback expanda. We have used it for 4 nights so far and we are very happy with it. As it is our first van we have had a few issues i would like advice from fellow owners. We have a toddler and one due in october so we have the double bunk version and are planning many weekend aways to start with and then some bigger trips once we are confident. Anyways. Just thought i would say hi!
Welcome @Dexy. Congrats on joining the extended Expanda family, do you have the single or dual axle. Ask away, youll find some very enthusiastic and knowledgable folk hanging around here, many with multiple decades of caravaning experience to share.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome to the forum @Dexy, as Crusty has said, a lot of knowledgeable members who are keen to help ”newbies” or old hands who have come up with a problem. This is done with no snide remarks or comments as all our members know, there are no stupid questions. Ask away, enjoy the forum and post some info and pics of your van and tug as we are all interested in each other’s setup.

Reactions: Boots in Action

Dexy

Jun 25, 2020
Adelaide
Thanks for the welcome. We have the tandem axle with no shower/dunny. We do have a priblem with mains water pressure, or lack there of!! But after scanning this forum i think our problem may be the pressure limitinh valve under the van. I plan to buy a new one and fit this weekend!!. Thanks again.

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
I have replaced a number of pressure valves in Jayco vans because of complaints like yours. .All had one underlying problem fitted in the wrong way.In other words mains was trying to push past a closed non return valve.Arrow should face direction of water flow.On one unit the non return valve also on the wrong end of main valve.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I ditched the PLV from the van completely, and now use an inline valve on the hose before the hose connects to the van. I thought if I'm going to have a PLV, I couldn't see why it's not better having it's magic perform well before the van connection. Not only protects the van completely, but also my hose and more importantly the hose connections particularly in summer. My external PLV is adjustable and I have it set to 200kPa

Last edited:
Reactions: WHHEMI

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep @Dexy where a ful of it on here, just remove the PRV, open it up toss the loose bits inside and fit it back on, no drama ever again

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Jayco have been putting these prv s in wrong way for years!.One guy I spoke to had spent nearly $300.00 in a caravan repair shop trying to find the fault.Told it was a blockage in one of the water lines and a full ripout and replace of hoses was needed .