VIC Yackandandah Caravan Park

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
This caravan park would be one of the smaller parks we have stayed in. But it did not take anything away from the feel of the park at all As it was well treed and looked after. A creek ran behind the park which was a great sound to fall asleep to of a night.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Amenities are well maintained but could have done with an extra shower as there were two for each block.

Staff were friendly and helpful and as we stayed here over Easter we awoke to find Easter eggs had been distributed around the vans by the owners.

If you ever want to teach your kids the definition of frustration then can I suggest the below.

image.jpg

Dogs are welcome.
This is us.

image.jpg

Yackandandah main street is well within walking distance and is well worth the walk. There are a couple of antique stores to wander through, a few furniture places making the most of the timber in the area as well as good places for coffee and a snack here and there.

For those with young ones, the coffee shop on the high side will have your kids impressed with their baby chinos.
image.jpg

The beauty of this place however is the day trips. Beechworth, Myrtleford (which has this massive Morrocan wares outlet), Albury and the Rutherglen wine region to name a few places. Stanton and Killeen wines did us fine.

For those romantics amongst us, I can suggest getting the wife to pack a picnic full of cheeses and biscuits whilst you manage to put the camp chairs and table in the back of the car and head off to a vineyard, grab a glass and then sit in one of their paddocs out the back in the middle of nowhere whilst drinking fine wine and nibbling on cheese and bickies.

image.jpg

This trip was a wonderful short stay that recharged the batteries well.
We will be back but next time will probably pick one of the other suburbs mentioned in this post just to mix it up a bit.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
great pics mate, makes me want to get back on the road....
Got home from my first day back at work today, to see the van parked in the front yard, just wanted to hook her up and head off again. thanks for the report.

jas