Which Bull Bar to fit - ARB or IronMan or other?

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
My 2 cents, we have a 2013 200, fitted the ARB deluxe. This is my 2nd one after having the same bar on our 100 before this. Did cape York twice, across to broome and Central Australia. Never had a problem and did plenty of winching with it. They are up their in cost, but are a great bar.

On the flip side, i would next time have a much closer look at the TJM one, as @Dean Anderson has shown. Primary reason, they are shorter. They do not protrude out the front as much, so they fit in the garage better. How that goes to frontal protection as they are closer to start with i am not sure. But i am sure TJM are all over that. I have no idea how they compare on price.

DLT

Dec 3, 2015
Brisbane
I know that TJM have just released the Outback bar for the new Face Lifted 200 Series - it is a 12,000pd winch compatible bar, but it is only rated to run synthetic rope not wire due to the weight on the front of the chassis - i know that you said that yours is the pre-facelifted model but that might be worth looking into if you want to run wire on the winch.

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
Can strongly suggest an ARB Smartbar. However, they only come in black and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
We have a Smartbar on our GX MY16 LC200 and have been very pleased with it for the last year while travelling in some very remote areas.
Luckily they make a model for MY16 LC200 front, they do not make one for earlier model LC200s. They are very light and do not need a suspension upgrade and do not vibrate as much as heavier bars.

They work as we have had several over the last few years and one we sold to a friend was subjected to a roo hit at a100km and the Commmodore was drivable with minor panel damage, the same car later hit a wombat and was still drivable. Smartbars do not necessarily stop panel damage, but they keep you mobile and do not degrade your vehicle safety, they are fitted to Ambulances, police, SES in regional NSW. They work well.

See pics on other thread of our LC200.
http://expandasdownunder.com/threads/new-landcrusier-gx-200.9076/page-4

Reactions: bigcol