Starcraft Where to mount Jerry Can holders on 22.68 OB?

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Bought a bolt on holder online for about $30.have travelled many k's with 20 l of diesel and can notice no difference.towing rig is a 3.2 l triton ute and van is 17ft Starcraft outback.

So I bought one of these online and very disappointed. WAAAY too big for the jerry cans. Lucky I only bought one!

Measurements definately did not match the description or else it would be a snug fit. There is almost 50mm in the length, definately be worried about them bouncing out!

Attachments

• $_122[1].JPG
    $_122[1].JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 241
Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Thanks for the replies guys, another reason I am looking at the rear bar is because I have the WDH brackets and a stone guard on the drawbar, so not a lot of real estate left over for jerry holders.
The Jayco variation of the jerry can holder is light, quite strong and not super expensive. They've been good for us and Ive tested them extensively ....

Put them on our extended draw bar (20.63.1) which is a fair distance from the van body, and they still clear the car, and we have the Reece V5 WDH and Stone Stomper. I mounted the holders on a single length of 40x20 along with the gas bottle cradles and clamped the 40x20 to the chassis.

That's proved to be a great idea, so much so that Jayco seemed to have copied me for the their new off road model, but I cant say to much about that until after the civil suit

1000050.jpg

Here's another option for you ... and I $hit you not; these jerry can holders on a van in Katherine are made out of black painted ply. (its only got 100ltrs+ of water in it; should be fine, its 1/2in ply)

20160808_142156.jpg

Last edited: