18' Series Whats our van worth?

Coldspace

Jan 21, 2018
Shailer park
Hi all,
Long time lurker but thought Id pop the question to get some opinions. BTW love this forum got some great ideas from it.
Alittle on us, we have done the usual upgrades over the past 20 years, tents (still use for off road) camper trailer, then 2006 16.49, then 2008 18.57-6 which we still have now. This van is the last of the soft top but the past 10 years has not any concern with us at all. Been a fantastic van .

But we have a 15 year old daughter who wants abit more privacy after showers etc so I got lucky and just bought a perfect con. 2012 18.57-5 outback with separate toilet and my daughter gets her own double bed and the large club lounge, we love it, and I have since found out that they discontinued this floor plan , so for a family of 3 its the perfect van for us. Have been browsing the market for the perfect setup for us and when we came across it, we jumped. Good timing as a couple of us are doing an extended 1 month road trip mid year to western qld which we cant wait.

So, ATM, I have 2 expandas under my rear large carport . We have just listed the old one 3 weeks ago and had a couple of low offers over emails or txts which I was abit sus about which I said no, as we don't need to give it away for the coin, the only issue is space but we can live with this for abit as I want to keep both vans under the carport. Maye if 2 vans are sitting there getting closer to Christmas I might have to tell our daughter that we are giving her her own van for christmas so mum and dad can have privacy lol.:)

The 2008 18.57-6 is totally optioned out and in VGC as its been looked after and only did a few short trips each year, kept under carport from new, custom dometic diesel heater fitted which we loved in winter and I will get another for the new van. Custom made innerspring mattresses with the bottom bunk made larger to single bed size, tv, solar, twin bats, full annex, jayco factory under slung axels plus everything else.
Canvas etc all in VGC, no leaks, new tires,plus heaps of other features.

The good thing with this van and the reason we got it was the full weight was only 2360 kgs so our tow vehicle that time only was rated to 2500 so was good for Prado's etc. We have a new tug rated to 3500 so its handy as the new van is heavier

I know the soft lid and non outback will make it sell lower, but do you think real low 30's is reasonable, ?

Would make an awesome van for young family kicking off into a full van, few friends of ours would luv to buy but cant afford ATM.

There are several of this model on the market around this pricing point but none have the options of this van.

BTW, when we head west we will start a thread on our adventures.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover

Coldspace

Jan 21, 2018
Shailer park
Tks mate

Ive got it at 31800 atm, and are negotiable .

Will leave it at that price for now because its vgc , stored under cover, and plenty of mods/extras.

Might put the ad up on this site as well.

Cheers

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I would have thought someone here would have had an idea, adding it to the For Sale section can't hurt as we do have a lot of visitors passing thru................