16' Series What to pack in cupboard with hot water heater

Blondegirl

Feb 24, 2015
Melbourne
OK, so we've just picked up the new expanda (16.49-4) and I'm starting to pack it. But the question is what to put in the cupboard with the hot water heater in it?
The cupboard is half full of water heater, and then there's the pipes to and from the sink running through there as well. My first thought was to use this cupboard for food since it's down low and in the kitchen. But I'm a bit concerned about dislodging the pipes or damaging the cladding on the water heater if things move around while we're travelling. I usually pack food into big plastic containers and stack it ( just upgraded from Jayco Hawk, so that's the amount of storage I'm used to) but I can see that that won't work here.

So my question to you experienced expanda owners is just this... What do YOU store in this cupboard, and do you have any helpful tips about expanda packing in general?

Thanks,
Blondegirl

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Would it get a bit hot in there for food?
We stored a toaster etc in with ours and plastic bags etc from memory. In our new van the heater is not as accessible so we don't store anything near it