What to do with the tub.....

Axl

Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane/Bayside
I've just brought a 2018 LSM dual cab Dmax, I am having the tub removed and an alloy tray fitted with a alloy checker plate canopy. Just wondering what those who may have done this have done with the tub?

Rang the metal recyclers and they wont even give me enough for a carton of beer so I suppose ill have to sell it only issue being there is literally hundreds for sale. Anyone want to by a new Venetian Red Dmax tub?????:);):p:D

Ill start a build thread on the new Dmax soon.....

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Common problem , heaps for sale and most want too much for them so never sell, stash it away so when you sell the Dmax you can keep the highly functional ,modified shed for the new rig and put the tub back on.

JT76

Jan 24, 2016
Central Coast
From memory I advertised mine for $200 just to get rid of it. By the time my tray was built I had a buyer ready to pick it up. Throw it on gumtree or similar and see what happens. I left tub in the yard of the guys who built my tray (with their permission) and the buyer picked it up from them. Didn’t even see the buyer.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Our local scrap yard has a minimum 500kg requirement before they pay but they will take it off your hands for nothing if under 500kg. Funny that.
If you do scrap it keep the tail lights. You might have more luck selling them if someone cracks one.

Reactions: Axl

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Sell the rear bar and taillights separately and give the tub to the scape metal. Tubs are worthless unless you have to buy one from the manufactures
Taillights and bars are worth a lot more

Reactions: Axl

Axl

Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane/Bayside
Thanks for your thoughts guys, I'm going to attempt to sell it but if all else fails it will go to the scrap yard minus things like the tail lights bumper etc.
I simply don't have enough room to store it.