What cups and plates and bowls are you using

Tucker

May 4, 2016
Geelong, Victoria
Hi everyone with the new van ordered the wife wants new cups/mugs, plates and bowls ( including bed sets and towles as it wont mach the new colours of the new journey) we currently have the coast to coast plastic type set but she wants proper crockery set I said about breakage so I'm just wondering what everyone is using
thanks.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
we just use plastic cups, plates bowls etc

we did try the correlle ones, didnt like
had the enameled steel, too heavy
even had old US Army issue Bakerlite dinner sets........meh, broke a plate
china gear - broke a plate...... gone from van
paper plates and bowls lasted about 3 years, I got sick of taking the trash out every day while camping because of fly's etc

Reactions: Tucker and Drover

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
we use melamine and plastic. They are very light and we don't have to worry about storing them so they don't break.
They do scratch easily, but they are so cheap we will replace them when they look too scruffy.

The cheapest and lightest ones are in the $2 shops.

We have two glasses we use for water, wine, cider etc and keep them in foam stubby holders to protect them from breaking.

We also have a couple of enamel plates for using with raw meat.

cheers
Mike

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep we use the Melamine stuff, pretty hardy but proper coffee mugs as you can't have coffee in melamine or plastic, wine glasses and real mugs stored in stubby holders.

Tucker

May 4, 2016
Geelong, Victoria
I have an RDO today to head down to jayco to see what our new van will look like and now the misses just said will we will have to go to Kmart everything to go into the van to make it look pretty and get the corelle plate sets and new glasses lucky me

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

Tucker

May 4, 2016
Geelong, Victoria
Keep away from the section with cushions.
Thanks for that I was pushing the pram then looked into the trolley and more bloody cushions how many does 1 wife need and they are the most ulgy and useless one's I have ever seen so thanks Drover for the jinks
1517284243809517081192.jpg

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Please keep experiences like this To yourself I can not handle shipping for bloody cushions
Cushions for looking at (don't ever put your head on these "display ones)
Round cushions
Square cushions
Rectangular cushions
Different texture cushions
You get my drift

just remind her that EVERYTHING needs to have 2 or more uses, and you are weight limited to tow............

Reactions: Drover