16' Series Wet ceiling

Chriso100

Apr 26, 2020
Rosebud Victoria
Well good morning everybody. We are finally away on our first trip and I will be sending through a trip report over the next day also. I’ll also have some information on the caravan park we are staying at. On our first night of our caravan experience the ceiling and the tops of our bed our wet. As I’m inexperienced could you tell me if the shade sales will help To stop this. I have only opened up the beds and set up the canvas I haven’t put anything over the top. How do we stop this wetness?
Cheers Chriso

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The technical term is condensation, stop breathing is a good way but causes problems, leaving a window slightly open at top used to help..... can't remember if the modesty screens around the bed end helped or not but could get a good downpour inside if not careful..... joys of camping in a part tent.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
The technical term is condensation, stop breathing is a good way but causes problems, leaving a window slightly open at top used to help..... can't remember if the modesty screens around the bed end helped or not but could get a good downpour inside if not careful..... joys of camping in a part tent.

Yes @Chriso100 , @Drover is spot on. "Hot" bodies breathing out warm humid air in an enclosed space is going to cause all other cold surfaces to condense that warm air. You need to have a couple of openings or vents open to allow warm air to escape. Suggest a couple of openings high up at each end of van so no direct drafts on you but allowing venting. Better to snuggle up under a doona than get wet..and cold!!

Reactions: Chriso100

Chriso100

Apr 26, 2020
Rosebud Victoria
Thanks boots and Drover...we will try to open some zippers tonight. On the other hand I could video us sleeping and you could tell us if we are doing something wrong. I have an exceptional snoring sequence....you should be involved for your helpful tips!!
519A8E31-8662-49C6-AB70-6F23FDFC9AE9.jpeg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Flys over the beds will absolutely help with condensation, all but eliminate it. Cracking vents will only go so far