Well I found one...2009 Expanda 12.37-2

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Well Ive located a 2009 Baby Expanda, however its not an out back...so there is work to do. Its in the best condition Ive seen so I couldnt knock it back for the price.There is no battery pack so Ill have to put a battery to the setec, there should be provision on the Setec will have to have a look.
Not sure whether to put 15 inch wheels on as yet, Ill get the suspension raised then make a call.
Any assistance is welcome with replies. Also appears unlike my 2013 dove the wiring to run the fridge through the plug is sadly insufficient, so i think it will be a case of running some 6 or 8 B&S direct with an anderson plug at the tug end.
Ill post some pics when I get it home and give it a bit of a tub. Its another sad tale, that Ive heard all too often of people leaving things too late in life and a medical condition left the gentleman unable to drive, so hes sold it.

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Well I'm working on a few things..have been slowed down by a business trip to adelaide over a weekend.we've already scrubbed the interior and exterior.
The roof sealant was chalky so we have removed it ..took 1 hr..ready to reseal.
Otherwise all seems good..canvas is in great order..8mm of tread on original tyres so appears not to have had a lot of use. the clear water pipes will be replaced they have mould in them. so it starts......lol

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Well ive just got it back from yandina trailers.ended up we put in new eye to eye Springs . new brake backing plates..and the 15 inch rims..well we had 250mm as per motor mech .
.I said fine .but I can't fit in garage..so James spent a while and we managed to fit it in ..the wheels I got from caravan plus at 50% discount .. and tyres from maxim trailers.. here are the pics of it in garage. I now have to fit solar panel and 120 ah fullriver battery.. got a great deal on a solar panel from air rite nambour to power the set up so I'll send more piics

Attachments

• 20170609_165936.jpg
    20170609_165936.jpg
    644 KB · Views: 356
Reactions: bigcol and PhilW

rags

Dingo, it looks like it is sitting nice, the rims look like the Jayco originals. How does it sit on the back of the Prado, as my prado with a 30mm lift and an outback van sit unlevel riding up to the Towbar which I don't like. Would be interesting to compare you van height against a factory outback. It is great that it still fits in the garage.
As an aside, I had a good experience about 10 years ago with Yandina trailers. A mate lost a wheel wrecking a hub etc heading down from Gympie to meet us at our digs at Twin Waters and being a Sunday and not much open in those days, I called the number and the owner answered the ph and said come around to his workshop which was on his property and he went out of his way to help us for parts.I was impressed with the service.

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
It's really tiny till you open it up, the height at present is 50mm under factory,.we can get another 50mm by putting axle under spring. however I'll just wait and see.I've got a portable 100w panel as well for those shady spots.

Reactions: bigcol

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Dingo, it looks like it is sitting nice, the rims look like the Jayco originals. How does it sit on the back of the Prado, as my prado with a 30mm lift and an outback van sit unlevel riding up to the Towbar which I don't like. Would be interesting to compare you van height against a factory outback. It is great that it still fits in the garage.
As an aside, I had a good experience about 10 years ago with Yandina trailers. A mate lost a wheel wrecking a hub etc heading down from Gympie to meet us at our digs at Twin Waters and being a Sunday and not much open in those days, I called the number and the owner answered the ph and said come around to his workshop which was on his property and he went out of his way to help us for parts.I was impressed with the service.

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
20170611_171414.jpg
So Saturday was sorting out wiring got rid of the birds nest with an abs plastic box from jaycar which even fitted inside the crappie metal jayco enclosure. I then used split conduit on all underneath wiring. now starting to look okay.
Sunday tectyl on new suspension ..did double bottle set up as per pic but then the trouble started. when I went to access the setec couldn't get to it..turns out the setec surround was pre done in manufacture. so I had to pull out setec and undo 6 corner chocks from inside the box to open it up,.as usual a simple job turned into hours.Finally the fullriver 120ah is in place..next weekend is the 30ah voltech controller with a 200w panel ..

Attachments

• 20170611_165732.jpg
    20170611_165732.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 290
  • 20170611_165757_001.jpg
    20170611_165757_001.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 265
Reactions: bigcol