Chassis Weight Distribution Hitch Video

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
While it's level, it certainly looks very close to ground and I tried to zoom in on the hitch but too much shade. Does it bottom out at all ???? Some creak and groan, I have a bit of slick on my pivot points, your supposed to unhook them when reversing.

Reactions: DWWood

DWWood

Jun 26, 2016
Yarra Valley
Doesn't bottom out but only been on asphalt and into a relatively flat van park. I do remove them when reversing. I watched a youtube clip and the bloke was able connect the chains onto the draw bar clamps (or whatever they're called) without using the breaker bar. After sitting the caravan on the tow-ball he then lifted it back off the towball, hooked up the WDH chains then lowered the van back onto the towball.

It does look close to the ground and unfortunately that's the best photo I had.

Reactions: Drover

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Hey guys, used the WDH for the first time last weekend (EZLIFT version) and after having thought I'd set it up properly as per the instructions I get a lot of creaking when turning slowly i.e. leaving driveway, backing in to park site from which I assume is too much tension/torsion on the bars. The vehicle sits level once WDH fitted, anyone else's creek LOUDLY when fitted? Is it a normal thing?

View attachment 44413
In short yes, the creaking comes from the chains as they move allowing you to turn. There is a modification kit you can buy that uses rollers on the bars in lieu of the chains being secured to the bars.

Reactions: bigcol and DWWood

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Doesn't bottom out but only been on asphalt and into a relatively flat van park. I do remove them when reversing. I watched a youtube clip and the bloke was able connect the chains onto the draw bar clamps (or whatever they're called) without using the breaker bar. After sitting the caravan on the tow-ball he then lifted it back off the towball, hooked up the WDH chains then lowered the van back onto the towball.

It does look close to the ground and unfortunately that's the best photo I had.
Mine creeks a bit but not much i thought i had mine set up good but when i took it to reese he said who set that up unhooked and changed the angle settings on the ball i must say after he did it it was much better dosnt cost anything for expert to check it

Swerve

Mar 26, 2014
Sydney
Question on WDH, I just want to load up a WDH a little to not put the whole load through the hitch. If i use some lower rated bars (on the WDH) does it sound logically that I can reduce some load of the rear.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Question on WDH, I just want to load up a WDH a little to not put the whole load through the hitch. If i use some lower rated bars (on the WDH) does it sound logically that I can reduce some load of the rear.
Lower rated bars "should" work but I would try using one less link on your current setup and see if it does what you want to acheive!