We bought a Jayco 18.57-5

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Some friends of our just bought one of these, I'm not sure why but he says he can plug his Engel fridge directly into it without a controller but there is a pluggable controller so he can charge a battery if required. A bit too expensive for me.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Some friends of our just bought one of these, I'm not sure why but he says he can plug his Engel fridge directly into it without a controller but there is a pluggable controller so he can charge a battery if required. A bit too expensive for me.

One of the guys in Myswag was offering a fold up panel like that I can't remember the size but I thought it was Projecta brand and about $5-600.

Robbie Reddog

Mar 25, 2015
Perth WA
One of the guys in Myswag was offering a fold up panel like that I can't remember the size but I thought it was Projecta brand and about $5-600.

May have been the Projecta ones. I got the 80w kit the other day through anaconda.
80W kits were $399 and the 120W about the $540 mark.
Very lite weight and compact and seemed to charge the battery well :):)
solar 1.jpg

Reactions: bigcol and achjimmy

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I've been meaning to get one of those.

Big green shed? Or eBay?

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
If you haven't stuck the panel down yet you could buy some aluminium square tubing the joins together with the black plastic corner and tee pieces. Bunnings sell it. Cheap and easy.

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Couple of small jobs today
Wired in a new Anderson plug and feed direct to the battery to attach solar (if extra is needed) or to reverse charge the car battery's from the solar on the roof of the van.
Also installed a USB/12v supply for charging Iphone camera etc
Power.jpg

Power1.jpg

I will need to find a cable that is in between the size of these two 20cm too short 1mtr way to long.

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
As you can see the junction box on the underside of the panel makes it not as streamline as I would have liked.
But hey now the bugs have a jump to go over when they are flying past. :D
Not fully stuck down yet.
View attachment 36534 View attachment 36535 View attachment 36536

OK quick update, the panel could not handle the heat and melted (they did send me a replacement) I will not be using a flexible one this time
I have now bought a 200w panel which fits perfectly at the back of the van
Lesson learned

Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We have them in the same shopping centers havent shaken coles at all there just too big
From the latest stats Aldi is causing the big guns major issues. Woolworths market share is disappearing, and with the Masters Hardware disaster they've started to implement a mini Aldi style on lower shelves to naively stem the evaporation of their profits

Reactions: bigcol and dagree