Exterior Water tanks

Rose

Oct 27, 2013
We seem to be using a lot of water for 2 of us. Have an expanda 14-44. The switch between the tanks is turned with the arrow pointing downwards so we presume it is taking water from both tanks levelling them but it seems we are draining only one Jayco were of no help couldn't even tell us the tank capacity

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
Factory Jayco tank is 82 liters in capacity.
To drain from both tanks equally you need to make sure that the pick up tube is ran the same way on both tanks. If one tube runs straight to the switch tap and the other runs up and over the chassis and takes a longer run you will find it favours the tube with the shorter / easier run.

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If I recall the tanks switch has 3 arrows so you can draw from 1 or both tanks, I painted mine with some white paint so i could see the things but then it started sucking air so spent $6 at Bunnings for 2 Pope garden watering taps which worked a treat.

Rose

Oct 27, 2013
We seem to be using a lot of water for 2 of us. Have an expanda 14-44. The switch between the tanks is turned with the arrow pointing downwards so we presume it is taking water from both tanks levelling them but it seems we are draining only one Jayco were of no help couldn't even tell us the tank capacity
Thanks for the info but if the arrow is pointing down does that mean we are drawing water from both tanks

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
That sounds confusing, you have 3 lines at the switch valve, 1 from each tank and 1 to the pump, with an arrow pointing to one tank line and arrow pointing at the pump line then you will draw from that tank. With arrows pointing to both tanks but no arrow pointing to the pump then its closed off. So with arrows pointing to both tanks and pump then you are drawing from both tanks.
If you look at Drovers 14.44.3 thread there is a piccy.