Water Pressure

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
My Discovery if going for its 1st service and I was wondering what I shoud be expecting regards water pressure.

I'm not wanting PSI figures, just what it should operate like.

With the external water hose hooked up and the 12v pump off, (I presume that is the way it should be connected when on town water.) the flow at the tap is about 1/2 strength compared to when there is no external water source and the system is just operating on the 12v pump.

How does this compare to any of your vans.

My external water source is from the pump that feeds our house so I know that is working well.

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
Thanks Brad,
I guess the option would be to use the pump when you need pressure for showering and use the mains for general use.
Thanks for your reply

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hey Jaybird, the pressure through mains is still really good for showering. Is the flow of water coming from the hose of a decent flow rate also? If it is but by the time it is connected to your van and flow reduces too much then I would have thought you have an issue there.

Angus

Apr 13, 2012
Brisbane
We just had our van in for it's first service and mentioned the exact problem that you have to the guy doing the service, he replaced the pressure reduction valve with a brand new one ( different to the ones jayco install ). It is heaps better now I think a few of the forum members on here have had the same problem with faulty pressure reduction valves.

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
Brad, The pressure is from a pump that supplies our whole house so all good there, it lifts the water 7mtr up to the house, it only has to go 5mtrs downhill to the van.The pressure at the van shower can only be described as weak with it only just coming out the head. but good on 12v.
Angus, I will mention it when it goes in for the service

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
We just had our van in for it's first service and mentioned the exact problem that you have to the guy doing the service, he replaced the pressure reduction valve with a brand new one ( different to the ones jayco install ). It is heaps better now I think a few of the forum members on here have had the same problem with faulty pressure reduction valves.

Hi Angus,

Do you know the brand they used as I replaced mine a while ago and still drives me nuts ( lucky we don't use the mains much), I found to get ours to work well was to turn off the water at the tap then turn on the shower and sink tap and the pressure came good for a shower but becomes a pain.

Thanks

Christian

Angus

Apr 13, 2012
Brisbane
Hi Christian
The brand of the one that is on there now is a Reflex it seems to be a little larger than the factory one.
I may have ended up with this brand as the first service was done at a jayco authorised repair/service place. I noticed the difference immediately as I only had to turn the mains tap on at the park about a quarter of a turn where as before I had the mains tap turned on full.